Consultant Psychiatrist Opportunity in Suffolk
The Trust is keen to appoint a Consultant specialising in Later Life psychiatry based in Ipswich, Suffolk.
An opportunity has arisen to appoint a full time, Later Life, Consultant Psychiatrist within the Inpatient Service, based at the Woodlands Unit. We are looking for a motivated, proactive individual who is keen to join a team across Woodlands that strives to offer the best possible outcomes for our client group(s) and who hold a current GMC registered license to practice. This opportunity is within a team that are striving to meet the current challenges of inpatient mental health care, developing our services to improve quality and embracing technological advances to improve care delivery and patient outcomes. We are looking towards future ways of working within a recovery focused environment. We are currently linking up with other mental health trusts and service providers from other sectors to both identify best practice, share knowledge and also develop joined up, networked approaches to supporting individuals requiring our service. There will be opportunities for service review and development and involvement in peer reviews of practice, alongside the delivery safe and effective care to our client group.
Why come and live in Suffolk?
- We will support the training, study time and the costs for doctors seeking to achieve CESR and RC/AC status
- The trust encourages continuing personal development, including S.12 status
- Up to £12,000 relocation expenses *conditions apply*
- Protected SPA time of up to 2.5 per week
- The trust encourages leadership roles for senior clinicians as part of the core job and in additional roles, where available, in medical education, management, research and teaching.
- Suffolk is predominantly rural area with good rail and road links to London, and, via the coastal ports and Stanstead Airport, to Europe and further afield
For further information /informal visit, please contact:
Sohail Abrar – Clinical Director and Consultant Psychiatrist, 01473 322251.
Jenny Axford – Clinical Director and Consultant Psychiatrist , 01473 891720
To apply, please click the apply button.