Southern Health is one of the largest Foundation Trusts in the UK, specialising in mental health, adult and child community health and learning disabilities.
Southern Health NHS Foundation Trust is a clinically led organisation, operationally supported and driven by patient centered care. We employ around 6,000 people and provide specialist mental health services, learning disability services, and community health care services.
Southern Health Foundation Trust would like to appoint a Consultant Community Geriatrician who is forward-thinking, creative and one who enjoys a challenge. The successful post-holder will be based at the Petersfield Community Hospital, although some of the work will involve working alongside General Practitioners and the Community Integrated Care Teams based in the localities.
In addition to the inpatient and outpatient components of the job, the post-holder will be involved in the ongoing reconfiguration of services for older people with frailty in both the Petersfield Hospital and in the community settings. Where appropriate, this will enable the post-holder to tailor part of the job according to their personal interests and details can be discussed and agreed during the selection process.
The Trust covers most of Hampshire, with a population of 1.3 million people registered with the six local Clinical Commissioning Groups (CCGs). Southern Health is responsive to local needs and is working closely with Adult Services and the CCGs to develop locally based services. The Trust has a positive working relationship with the University of Southampton, Faculty of Medicine and an active programme of Research and Development.
Our vision is: ‘To provide high quality, safe services which improve the health and wellbeing, independence and confidence of the people we serve.’
Transformational change and visionary people are needed in order for us to achieve our goals: far greater inclusion of patients and carers in the delivery of services; closer integration of our mental and physical health services with primary, acute and social care, and much more involvement of clinical staff in the leadership and design of improved services.
We are committed to the development of your career and believe that by supporting, developing and nurturing our staff we will deliver outstanding patient care.
Why work with us
- Up to £8,000 relocation allowance / removal benefit
- ‘New Consultants’ Development Programme’ - We’ve established this to create a network through your first year with the Trust combining a tailored development programme and coaching with organisational understanding.
- The Trust has adopted a strong Quality Improvement agenda and there is the opportunity for training in this methodology.
- Protected “off-site” time for CPD can be incorporated as part of the job planning process.
Benefits of living in Hampshire
- Beautiful countryside for walks, horse riding and many other outside pursuits
- Amazing beaches with some of the best sailing in the UK, including Cowes Week
- Excellent rail and air links
- Places of interest including Winchester Cathedral, the New Forest, South Downs and Portsmouth historic dockyard
- Leading schools and colleges
We think we have a lot to offer and look forward to talking with you about the opportunities available. We strongly encourage an informal visit to the unit prior to the interview.
Apply for Consultant Geriatrician
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly