Consultant General Surgeon with interest in HPB
BARTS HEALTH NHS TRUST
SUBSTANTIVE CONSULTANT GENERAL SURGEON
with HPB INTEREST
(10 Programmed Activities)
We are looking for a substantive consultant surgeon to join our HPB team.
Key duties will include supervising and running outpatient clinics, operating lists (independent and supporting role for complex cases) and care for patients on wards in collaboration with the multidisciplinary team, including ward nurses and specialist nursing teams.
- Unit is part of one of the largest trusts in U.K.
- Covers east London and Essex with a catchment area of over 2.5 million
- 70-90 pancreatic resection per year / 100 liver resections per year
- Assists department of gynaecological oncology for complex case
- Involved in national clinical trials including leading trials in pancreatic cancer
- Large HCC population jointly managed with hepatology
- Integrated MDTs with all our referring hospitals
- Developed HPB app for teaching and training
- Active robotic programme including robotic whipple resectionsThe post will be based at the Royal London Hospital with an outreach clinic and day-case theatre list at Newham University Hospital; however the post-holder may be required to work at other Barts Health sites, if required.
You must hold full registration with the General Medical Council and be on the Specialist Register or within 6 months of obtaining CCT.