Taranaki Base Hospital, New Plymouth
Start on 9 December 2019
60 - 64.99 hours per week, Category B
We are seeking a Registrar for our General Medicine Department that can demonstrate experience in the delivery of high quality healthcare to patients.
Registrars on this run provide services principally to the medical wards 2a, 4a and b, ICU, A&E and Outpatients Department under the supervision of the consultant to whom they are attached. The Registrar under the supervision of their consultant also provides consultation on medical care in other services within Taranaki Base Hospital.
The General Medicine team is made up of 6 Consultant teams, 12 Registrars and 10 House Officers. There are 7 Registrars with 2 Relievers, 2 Night Relievers and 1 RDO Reliever.
This run is accredited as a training position for specialist qualification for the FRACP for a maximum of two years.
Clinical Responsibilities include:
- Day to day clinical management of the team’s patients including the admission and clerking of acute admissions, attendance at the consultant ward rounds and routine ward work in conjunction with the house surgeon.
- Participating on the On call roster.
- Conduct Outpatient Clinics
- Responsible for supervision of stress ECG testing.
- Attend meetings as follows: Medical Services weekly clinical meeting, Radiology review, Clinical Grand Round, Weekly Journal Club
Please Apply Online for a full run description.
In Taranaki, it is easy to achieve an enviable lifestyle without having to compromise your career path. The region’s amazing mountain, rivers, lakes, fantastic coastline and outstanding surfing and tramping opportunities, masses of parks and gardens, as well as a major events calendar, make it a great place to live and work.
Please “Apply Online” via this page.
For more information about these positions, contact Ashlee Jackson, Recruitment Coordinator, on
+64 6 753 6139 ext 8997 or via email Ashlee.Jackson@tdhb.org.nz