We are pleased to announce that a very exciting new opportunity has arisen at Tees, Esk and Wear Valley’s NHS Foundation Trust as we look to introduce the role of the Physicians Associate.
We are looking for 8 Band 7 Physician Associates to work within our Mental Health Services for Older People (MHSOP) across our three operational directorates (Teesside, Durham & Darlington and York & North Yorkshire) and our Forensics Directorate.
Each Physicians Associates would be given the opportunity to identify a preferred locality in which to be based; however exact placements will be confirmed following interview.
These posts would suit a range of Physician Associates that are both newly qualified and experienced who are keen to gain expertise in Mental Health services, working in a very dynamic, supportive and rewarding environment, with multiple opportunities for career progression.
The posts based within York and Scarborough will be part of a 2 year, funded preceptorship development programme in collaboration with the Humber, Coast and Vale Health and Care Partnership. These therefore would be better suited to newly qualified candidates.
Our Physicians Associates will work collaboratively with the multi- disciplinary team and play a key role in ensuring that the highest standards of patient care and treatment are provided, enhancing continuity of care and improving the overall patient experience within Tees Esk and Wear Valley’s. All posts will be supported by the supervision of a Consultant Psychiatrist alongside the wider multi-disciplinary team.
Skills, Education and Knowledge Required
- Have obtained Physician Associates Studies postgraduate diploma/MSc
- Hold registration with Physician Associate Managed Voluntary Register (PAMVR)
- Be empathic, proactive and innovative in your approach to clinical practice
- Have excellent verbal and written communication skills and the ability to build a rapport with service users, carers and colleagues
- Demonstrate commitment to promoting a positive image of the psychiatric MHSOP services and the wider Trust.
Our commitment to you
- Provide the opportunity for you, to help shape the role of the Physicians Associate within Mental Health services based on your ideas and experience.
- Provide a structured educational support programme (in collaboration with providers) ensuring opportunities to undertake CPD across a broad range of areas whilst enabling you to also maintain your registration.
- Support from a dedicated Lead Educational Tutor, responsible for maintaining oversight of your development and the development of the Physicians Associate role within the organisation.
- Ongoing day to day administrative support and contact from within the wider Medical Development team.
If you think that this opportunity is for you and you would like more information regarding these posts, the Trust or to arrange informal visits please do not hesitate to contact one of the following on the details below. It is our intention to interview in November 2019 however the exact date for these are TBC.
Dr Aniruddha Rajkonwar, Consultant Psychiatrist & Interim Associate Clinical Director (Teesside MHSOP Services) on 01642 777430 or email@example.com
Emma Tootle, Nurse Lead in Medical Education (North Yorkshire Locality) on 07557 544810 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Annemarie Stubbs, Medical Staffing Business Lead on 01642 838 373 or email@example.com