Salary up to £150.000 per annum
Our clients are seeking a Consultant Dermatologist in the Oldham, Lancashire area. The post holder will undertake new and follow up consultations of patients referred to the community Dermatology service by GPs in accordance with guidance from the lead consultant and the supervising consultant. This will include diagnosis of the full range of dermatology conditions and initiating medical and surgical treatments, including phototherapy, in a community clinic.
This list is intended to summarise the key responsibilities and is not intended to cover every task that may be required of the role: -
- Undertake new and follow up consultations including a full assessment of the medical condition, the patient’s concerns and expectations. The post holder will enter full details of history, examination findings, diagnosis and treatment plan in the case record.
- Follow care pathways for the common skin problems as recommend by national guidance
- Prescribe treatment only for the presenting complaint and in accordance with the dermatology formulary and prescribing restrictions.
- Ensure that patient or carer’s are informed fully about the condition, answer any questions, supply written information if available and involve them in decisions about the treatment
- Dictate a letter to the patient’s GP at the time of the consultation for every patient and arrange to review the letters and amend as necessary to an appropriate timescale.
- Undertake appropriate surgical procedures only after training and directly observed practice has taken place and been signed off.
- Order appropriate investigations, making sure that pathology request forms are filled in legibly with full clinical details.
- Take responsibility for seeing and taking action on all results, including writing to the GP and patient.
- Work with other members of staff to deliver a high quality, patient-centred service
- including attendance at staff meetings
- Participate in Audit and evaluation
- Participate in teaching and training, particularly skill transfer to primary care staff
- Undergo annual appraisal and participate in clinical governance
- Comply with GMC standards of Good Medical Practice
- Undertake all required Postgraduate training and development to maintain skills
- Work flexibly within the service to maintain a consistent standard, which may mean undertaking duties for other doctors who are on leave.
Benefits include the following:
- 27-33 days holiday excluding bank holidays
- Study leave
- NHS Pension or Group Pensions (dependent upon region)
- Train travel discounted
- Holidays discounted
- Private Healthcare
- Medical Indemnities paid
For more information or a confidential discussion please contact Martine Cohen at JS3 Recruitment on 0161 763 0416 or email email@example.com
If you are responding directly to this position please attach your current CV and inform us of your current remuneration
Should you know anyone who may be seeking an opportunity JS3 do operate a referral scheme please see our website for further details www.js3recruitment.com for more details