Consultant Cellular Pathologist
3 days left
- Full Time
North West Anglia NHS Foundation Trust
Peterborough City Hospital
Consultant(s) in Cellular Pathology
The Cellular Pathology department in Peterborough has been awarded funding by the regional Cancer Alliance to implement full digital histopathology reporting during 2020.
This forward-thinking, well-equipped and friendly department is looking for at least one cellular pathologist to add to the current team of six substantive consultants based at Peterborough City Hospital to accommodate the repatriation of the Cellular Pathology service for Hinchingbrooke Hospital.
The departmental workload includes large amounts of breast, colorectal and urological pathology, and non-cervical cytopathology. An interest in one or more of these areas is desirable, although any special interest usually found in a district general hospital may be accommodated. The department does not report cervical cytopathology. Generalist reporting skills are essential and cross cover for multidisciplinary team meetings will be required. Those wishing to work less than full-time are welcome to apply.
- Additional programmed activities are available to all full time appointees, subject to appropriate job planning
- Additional paid overtime is currently available to all consultants
- Equal opportunities to undertake private practice and post mortems are available to new appointees (subject to appropriate qualifications and Trust approval, and by agreement with Ramsay Healthcare and HM Coroner respectively)
- Flexible working patterns, including working from home, are accommodated within the department and will be enhanced by the introduction of digital histopathology
- A time-limited, day release programme of sub-specialist training may be negotiated with local specialist centre(s)
The case mix is that normally seen in a district general hospital, with a wide range of specimens received from local hospitals and GPs. The department supports cervical, breast and bowel cancer NHS screening programmes and has close links with Addenbrooke’s Hospital in Cambridge, which is our local tertiary referral centre.
In-house molecular testing of cancer specimens commenced in April 2018.
Coronial post mortem work may be undertaken by agreement with HM Coroner.
There are also opportunities to participate in undergraduate and postgraduate teaching.
The department currently has two trainee posts.
All the pathology specialties have full ISO15189 accreditation.
Candidates for this post should hold the FRCPath or equivalent and either be on, or within six months of entry to, the GMC Specialist Register at the time of interview.
Peterborough is a pleasant East Anglian city with excellent transport links to all parts of the country, including a regular 50-minute train service to London. It is surrounded by beautiful countryside and villages and has an excellent school system.
For further details / informal visits contact:
If you would like to discuss the post informally please contact:
- Dr David Bailey, Clinical Lead 01733 677812
- Dr Lukasz Adamczyk, Deputy Clinical Lead 01733 677812
- Dr Sateesh Nagumantry, Associate Divisional Director (Pathology), Family and Integrated Support Services Division 01733 678428
- Ms Kate Campbell, Pathology Services Manager 01733 678440
To apply please click the apply button and quote the job reference number 176-FISS-JT-1995747
Closing date is 26th October 2019