Consultant Physician in Respiratory Medicine
This is an exciting opportunity for an enthusiastic Respiratory consultant to join our diverse and successful team at Glenfield Hospital, helping to shape and lead our specialist services. These are newly created posts that have arisen through increased demands in our specialised out-patient services and a need to deliver Keogh standards.
This post is for Respiratory Consultant Physician with a specialist interest in Acute Care to support leadership of the Clinical Decisions Unit
- Maintenance of the highest clinical standards in the management of patients.
- To share with colleagues responsibility for the day-to-day management of patients.
- To promote new ways of working and co-ordinating care for patients in the Urgent and Emergency setting and to ensure that services are based on effective and integrated partnerships across the health community.
- Take part in Ambulatory and Hot Clinics.
- Supervise and train junior medical staff.
- To be involved in appraising and assessing juniors.
- Teaching, research and administration.
- To proactively lead Urgent and Emergency Respiratory services.
- To actively participate in both departmental and Trust matters concerning Clinical Governance and audit.
The post holders will help to shape and support our emergency and specialist respiratory services. They will contribute to our urgent and emergency care portfolio and support our inpatient base ward workload. Glenfield Respiratory services have a proven track record of innovation and the post holder will be expected to lead the on-going development of specialist services. There is a preference to recruit to the following sub-specialist services: asthma, lung cancer and interstitial lung disease. However, all sub-speciality interests are open to consideration.
Respiratory Medicine at Glenfield Hospital has a national and international reputation for its academic and clinical services. Clinically, we have specialist services in:
- Lung cancer with advanced bronchoscopic and pleural techniques,
- Chronic suppurative lung infections,
- Cystic Fibrosis,
- Complex Home Ventilation,
- Airways disease,
- Interstitial lung disease,
- Exercise and sports medicine.
Several of these services are commissioned by Specialised Service Commissioning having fulfilled the required specifications.
The unique Leicester cardio-respiratory emergency streaming pathway has been operational since 2013 and enables patients in Leicester, Leicestershire and Rutland to be assessed at the point of presentation at Glenfield Hospital by the cardio-respiratory teams. All patients are assessed in the Clinical Decisions (CDU) and Coronary Care Units (CCU) following referral from GPs, direct 999 ambulances and the Leicester Royal Infirmary Emergency Department.
Closing Date: 15th October 2019
For further details / informal visits contact:
- Dr Gerrit Woltmann: email@example.com
- Dr Jonathan Bennett: firstname.lastname@example.org
To apply please click the apply button.