Rural Hospital Medicine Registrar
Do you enjoy rural health innovation, research and training? At Ashburton Hospital, you will have the opportunity to work and live in a progressive town servicing the wider rural community. You will form strong ties to community and primary care providers and gain invaluable experience in rural medicine including rural inpatients and the Acute Assessment Unit.
- Six-months, full-time Rural Hospital Medicine Registrar
- Commencing in June 2020
- Located at Ashburton Hospital, a one hour drive from Christchurch city
What's in it for Me?
- Adopt a medical skillset capable of helping rural communities.
- Work in a supportive team with Rural Hospital Medicine specialists (SMOs)
- With all after-hours duties being based in the Acute Assessment Unit, you will have variety and be involved in practical procedures
- Opportunities for Research
- Accredited level 3 Rural Hospital for vocational training programme
- Access to the Rural Hospital Education Centre and training with state of the art simulation mannequins
- Free accommodation is available on site
Skills and experience:
- You will have completed PGY2 (or FY2) by June 2020
- You must be eligible for general or provisional general registration with the Medical Council of New Zealand. You can check your eligibility by visiting the Council's website at www.mcnz.org.nz
About the Ashburton District
Mid Canterbury is a district with scenery so magnificent it will take your breath away, one of the country's richest agricultural and pastoral regions that rises deep into the Southern Alps.
Whether your interests are; fishing, skiing, walking, mountain biking, jet boating, rafting, scenic flights, playing golf, exploring New Zealand's high country stations, or wining and dining, Mid Canterbury has it all.
How to apply
If you meet the above criteria, then please click the 'Apply Now' button below.
You will need to submit:
- Electronic copies of your CV and covering letter
- Contact details for three referees
For further information, email RMOrecruitment@cdhb.health.nz
To apply, please click the apply button.
Closing date: 10 October 2019