An opportunity has arisen to appoint an ambitious and innovative Individual to the position of Consultant Psychiatrist, working in our Women’s secure inpatient service based in Norwich.This is a 10 PA post.
Norfolk and Suffolk NHS Foundation Trust is the main provider of specialist mental health, psychological therapies, drugs and alcohol and learning disability services for the counties of Norfolk and Suffolk, serving a population of 1.6 million, across seven CCGs, with an annual turnover of £220m.
Our Forensic Mental Health Services comprises of low and medium secure inpatient services, community forensic services, and criminal justice liaison services for both counties, as well as inpatient medium secure services for the residents of Cambridgeshire. You will join our team of 7 Consultants. Our service achieved a “good” rating by CQC when inspected in August 2018, but we have higher aspirations.
The role will provide clinical care and leadership for our Women’s Secure Services based at Hellesdon Hospital covering the counties of Norfolk and Suffolk. The service is one of the first in the country to develop a blended model of secure care, combining low and medium security. The role will provide you with the opportunity to play a key strategic role in service design and redevelopment and further development of specialist women’s secure services across the pathway. The service is currently part of a collaboration developing New Care Models within the Eastern Region.
The post holder must be registered with the GMC, possess a license to practice and be section 12(2) approved. Experience within secure services is desirable, although not essential.
- Some of the benefits we can offer you:
- A relocation package of up to £12,000 *conditions apply*
- There are many areas of outstanding natural beauty, award-winning coastlines and picturesque villages, which add to the charm of the county
- There are numerous teaching opportunities available, both at postgraduate and undergraduate level, at the medical school at University of East Anglia.
- Research is supported
- Protected time of 2.5 SPA per week (pro rata)
- Quality of living for staff working in Norfolk and Suffolk is high with some of the lowest crime rates in the country, affordable housing and excellent schools
- Norwich is the County town, only 90 minutes away from London, as well as being situated close to Norwich and Stansted Airport
For further details/informal visits contact:
To apply, please click the apply button quoting reference.