Consultant in Anaesthesia and Intensive Care Medicine
Make a smart choice of what’s important.
We are looking for a Consultant Anaesthetists to join us in the department of Anaesthesia and Intensive Care Medicine. This is a replacement post and is available from 1st November 2019.
- The working pattern is typically 6 weeks in the operating theatre and one full week in the Intensive Care Unit (ICU).
- The contract will be for a 11 PA’s per week. This includes a very favourable 2.5 (10 hours) per week of SPA activity.
- Consultants take part in a general non-resident on-call rota. This will be at an extremely favourable frequency of 1 in 15, and could change further in the future.
- The department is relaxed and friendly. There are 18 Consultants, 14 Specialty Doctors (Middle Grade doctors), 5 Core Trainees, 4 ITU/Teaching Fellows and a F1.
- Around 18,000 operations are performed per year, with over 750 Critical Care admissions.
- We actively encourage personal and professional development and funding for study leave is available.
- We are big on work-life balance.
- Applicants must have the FRCA (or equivalent), have completed intermediate training in ICM (stage 1) or equivalent, be fully registered with the GMC with a licence to practise. Applicants must have entry on the GMC Specialist Register via CCT (proposed CCT date must be within 6 months of the interview date), CESR or European Community Rights.
We really value the impact that you as a Consultant will have on our patients and services; we therefore offer an enhanced benefits package (subject to criteria) which includes:
- Welcome to Yeovil payment
- A generous relocation package
- 10 hours of paid time for professional development every week (SPA)
- £700 personal budget for training and development every year
About Yeovil Hospital:
- Yeovil District Hospital NHS Foundation Trust is a modern hospital surrounded by stunning countryside with good transport links to cities such as Bath, Bristol, Exeter and is just over two hours from London, with a 40minute drive to the coast.
- We are an ambitious Trust with a family feel and our vision is to care for our patients as if they are one of our family. Our aim is for our Trust to be a fundamental part of a vibrant, sustainable, and collaborative healthcare community; patients’ first choice for acute health care, founded on a reputation of quality, safety and compassion. Running a highly-successful quality improvement initiative, we aim to drive innovation with patient-centred thinking.
- Serving a population of approximately 220,000, the Hospital has enjoyed a successful history; trusted and respected by our patients, staff and commissioners. Our successful nurse recruitment campaign has put us in a strong position to care for our patients and our highly-regarded, active Research and Development department is involved in a wide range of local, national and international research studies, with record numbers of patients recruited onto trials this year.
- Our iCARE model, which has established the principles of exemplary patient care and patient experience, has attracted national interest and is embedded in everything we do.
- Yeovil is a vibrant market town on the Somerset/Dorset border surrounded by beautiful countryside and villages. It is an attractive area to live with a wide array of leisure, cultural and sport activities.
- Within the highly desirable South-West of England, house prices in the area are very favourable compared to other parts of the region, and the post holder may wish to purchase a large rural property. There are excellent state and private schools nearby.
- It is very easy to go to London for the day, as it is 2 hours away by train. It’s easy to go to the south-coast beaches, as they are 30 minutes away.
Please refer to the job description and persons specification for further information. To apply please complete an online application form and attach a copy of your CV. Your application will only be considered if accompanied by a CV.
AAC Interview and Assessment day will be Wednesday 16th October 2019.
For further details / informal visits contact:
Dr Nick Craw, Clinical Director, on 01935 384544 or firstname.lastname@example.org
It is recommended that candidates shortlisted to attend the assessment day should arrange a pre-interview visit to Yeovil Hospital to meet the Anaesthetics team and the AAC panel members. Where a visit cannot be accommodated you should undertake a telephone call with the Clinical Director and Medical Director.