Role Description: Applicants are invited to apply for the post of General Consultant Histopathologist to replace a recently retired colleague. The successful applicant will join an existing team of 10 consultants participating in a 10 PA rota.
What we look for:
- A colleague who is dynamic and motivated
- Able to share in the general histopathology rota
- Able and willing to participate in the frozen section rota
- Willing to develop a subspecialty interest in addition to the general reporting
What we Offer:
- Friendly and supportive environment
- Wide range of interesting specimens
- A proactive department working with network partners including Southampton and Guildford
- Your life outside HHFT is important and the Trust are happy to consider applications with flexible working patterns that cater to individual requirements; this can be discussed at interview
Who we are:
The department of cellular pathology is a single department that is currently based on two sites. The cellular pathology laboratory has recently consolidated on to the Winchester site whilst consultant presence is maintained on both sites. The laboratory participates in appropriate external quality assurance (EQA) schemes. Pathology has a Clinisys fully integrated Laboratory Information System covering all departments. The laboratory system is capable of receiving electronic orders from the rest of the Hospital, reports are visible to the hospital electronically. Facilities exist to search computerised records in histology and cytology for research, audit and teaching purposes. A voice recognition dictation system is available for pathologists to dictate surgical pathology, non-gynaecological cytology and post-mortems.
About the trust:
The vision at Hampshire Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust is to provide outstanding care for every patient. We serve a population of nearly 600,000 people across Hampshire and West Berkshire as well as some people who access our specialist services from across the country.
Created in January 2012 the Foundation Trust prioritises the provision of exceptional, compassionate, care delivered by the valued staff working in a culture of collaboration and mutual respect. HHFT employs circa 6,000 people and had a turnover of £382m in 17/18