Locum Consultant in Respiratory Medicine
We are looking to recruit 2 Locum Consultants in Respiratory and General Medicine for the Trust. The appointees will participate in elective and non-elective clinical activity for the department continuing our seven day per week service.
These two locum appointments are an exciting opportunity to join an innovative and evolving department. You can afford to be choosy about your next career move and there are plenty of good reasons to choose us. A Three Star Trust, where clinicians actively shape services. St Helens and Knowsley Hospitals NHS Trust is the only Acute Trust to perform above the national average in every CQC indicator for quality of care and services.
Here, you’ll work in new purpose built, state of the art facilities. You’ll help us build on our excellent reputation for delivering high quality patient care and you’ll be instrumental in enhancing our capacity to deliver world-class Acute and Respiratory services. You will be glad that you chose to join our team.
Due to the short term nature of the role and service demand, the successful candidate must hold a current registration with the GMC at the time of application. Candidates who are not GMC registered will not progress through to the shortlisting stage.
This advert may close early in the event of a high volume of applications.
St Helens & Knowsley Teaching Hospitals NHS Trust is the BEST acute Trusts in England for the THIRD year running!
The Trust is currently the only acute Trust in Cheshire and Merseyside, and is one of nine in the entire country, to achieve the title of OUTSTANDING, rated by the Care Quality Commission.
We provide a full range of acute adult services to our local population of circa 350,000 and provide tertiary services across a much wider area in the North West, North Wales and Isle of Man. We are a Major Trauma Unit and the Mersey Regional Burns Unit.
Our '5 Star Patient Care' strategy is at the heart of all that we do; supporting our vision to provide world class services for all our patients by getting it right for every patient, every time.
Our latest achievements include:
- Trust rates Outstanding by the CQC – Inspection August 2018
- Best in the NHS, Patient Led Assessment of the Care Environment 2017 and 2018
- The Trust achieved top marks in the country for areas including; cleanliness, food, privacy and dignity, facilities for patients living with dementia and disabilities, conditions, appearance and maintenance of the hospital buildings.
- Top 100 places to work in the NHS (NHS Employers and Health Service Journal)
- Best acute Trust in England (NHS Staff Survey 2017 and 2018)
- Best Patient Experience in the NHS (CHKS Top Hospitals Awards 2015)
In the NHS Staff Survey 2018 the Trust scored the highest marks in the following areas;
- Positive organisation culture of safety
- Quality of care
- Staff engagement
- Staff morale
- Equality, diversity and inclusion
- Providing a safe environment for staff
Our staff rated our Trust as the best place to work and receive treatment. The Trust has also been recognised, for the third year running, as being the top acute Trust in the entire country for staff engagement, staff motivation, and pride in the quality of care we provide to patients.
For further information or to arrange an informal visit, please contact Dr Simon Twite, Clinical Director for Respiratory Medicine on 0151 430 1844.