Locum Consultant General Paediatric & Epilepsy with a Neurology Interest
An exciting opportunity has arisen to join a dynamic and cohesive team of paediatricians at Northwest Anglia Foundation Trust (NWAFT). NWAFT comprises Peterborough City Hospital and Stamford Hospital and since our recent merger, Hinchingbrooke Hospital in Huntington. We are looking to appoint a general paediatrician with an interest in epilepsy to join a team of 13 hospital based consultants. The post holder will primarily be expected to provide care to children in the Peterborough area of our region with epilepsy and is likely to join the general paediatric on call rota with neonatal cross cover out of hours. The epilepsy service meets the standards to attract the epilepsy best practice tariff and is part of the East of England Epilepsy Network.
The post will attract 10 PA’s on the new contract. The department in PCH is housed within a flagship PFI hospital with state of the art facilities which opened in December 2010. The paediatric and neonatal units are located together in the Women and Children’s wing of the hospital. Peterborough and Stamford Hospitals recently merged with Hinchingbrooke Hospital to form North West Anglia NHS Foundation Trust which is now one of the largest District General Trusts in the country. The Paediatric and Neonatal Teams merged to form a single department in April 2018. We expect this integration will benefit the departments on both sites and there is likely to be the opportunity and a requirement for some cross-site working in the non-acute aspects of paediatric and neonatal care. Full paediatric and neonatal services will continue on both sites with separate on call rotas.
- Medical care of general paediatric inpatients and neonates out of hours.
- Primary responsibility for epilepsy patients in Peterborough including weekly epilepsy clinics.
- Weekly DGH level neurology clinic with support to the tertiary neurology outreach service.
- Provide support and advice for patients with epilepsy admitted to the ward
- Weekly general paediatric out-patient clinic
- Teaching and supervision of trainee paediatricians and VTS trainees
- Teaching of medical students
- Participation in audit/clinical governance
- Participation in the administration and management of the department
- Continuing Professional Development
- Guideline development and audit
For further details / informal visits contact:
Informal enquiries and visits to the Department/Trust
Dr TD Jones, Consultant Paediatrician and Associate Divisional Director (01733 673087)
Dr DA Woolf, Consultant Paediatrician and Divisional Director (01733 673087)