Responsible Officer Independent Doctors Federation (IDF)
The IDF is a membership organisation for doctors who work full or part time in the independent healthcare sector. We are inviting applications for this role as our current post holder will be leaving (retiring) in April 2020. This is a part-time post with hours to be agreed; it is expected the role will take between three and four days per week and is based in London.
The main responsibilities will be:
- Responsible Officer (RO) to current 550 doctors, overseeing appraisal function for over 650 doctors
- Dealing with concerns in relation to Fitness to Practice
- Annual review with every appraiser
- Reviewing all completed appraisals shortly after they are completed
- Liaising with external bodies representing the IDF such as the GMC and NHS England
- IDF Board member
- IDF Executive Committee Member
- Chair of the IDF Revalidation, Appraisal and Clinical Governance (RAG) Committee
The RO must, at the time of appointment, have been a medical practitioner during the previous five years and must continue as a medical practitioner during the course of the role. For this purpose, ‘medical practitioner’ means a person who is fully registered and licensed under the Medical Act 1983 (as amended).
Ideally the applicant will have experience in the independent sector and a regulatory or governance background.
Please indicate your interest by sending your CV, to include a summary of your suitable experience and your full contact details, to email@example.com.
The closing date for applications is October 11th 2019 with interviews to take place by the middle of November.
If you require further information please contact Rachel Whitelegg, Revalidation Director, via the apply button or on 020 3696 4084.
Apply for Responsible Officer Independent Doctors Federation (IDF)
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly