General Practitioner Primary Care or GPSI
We are looking to recruit an experienced General Practitioner or GP with Special Interests with an impressive track record to join our Primary Care team. You will provide personalised general practice medical services, manage a caseload and deal with a wide range of health needs, ensuring the highest standards of care for all registered and temporary patients.
If you are GP with a specialist interest in Intermediate and/or Urgent Treatment Centre Care then we can offer you the opportunity to work part time as a GP with additional sessions working within Intermediate and/or Urgent Treatment Centre Care.
At Marshalls Cross Medical Centre you will work in purpose built, state of the art facilities. You will receive a competitive salary, with a wide range of benefits including access to the NHS Pension Scheme, a generous A/L package and full indemnity Insurance on top of your salary. You will help us build on our excellent reputation and you will be instrumental in enhancing our capacity to deliver world-class services, whilst making a significant impact on patient care.
Marshalls Cross Medical Centre is located within St Helens Hospital and currently looks after 5000+ patients, many of which are elderly with complex health requirements.
We can offer up to 9 sessions per week including protected CPD time - this post will be of interest to any GPs who are looking to work in a forward thinking organisation where innovation is actively supported.
Our vision is to deliver the highest quality healthcare to patients, by a highly skilled and motivated constantly improving team.
Some of the benefits of working at Marshalls Cross Medical Centre include:
- Excellent support from our Clinical workforce including GPs, ANP's, Practice Nurses and wider Practice Management team
- Active career progression and skills development throughout your employment with the Practice
- A total commitment to your continued professional development
- Unique opportunity to be part of an Acute Hospital Trust with support from senior medical and consultant colleagues, AHP and management
- Flexible hours and sessions available to suit personal circumstances
- Full indemnity insurance on top of salary
This is a unique opportunity for the right individual - We offer a vision for General Practice where Primary and Secondary Care work hand in hand to provide a seamless pathway to treatment for all our patients.
There are plenty other good reasons to choose us - We are a highly performing Trust, where clinicians actively shape services.
This post will be subject to an Enhanced DBS (with barred list for vulnerable adult’s and children’s disclosure).
The successful candidate will be expected to have full registration with the GMC at the time of appointment Candidates without GMC will progress if shortlisted for interview, though will be expected to have full GMC registration at the time of appointment.
St Helens & Knowsley Teaching Hospitals NHS Trust is the BEST acute Trusts in England for the THIRD year running!
The Trust is currently the only acute Trust in Cheshire and Merseyside, and is one of nine in the entire country, to achieve the title of OUTSTANDING, rated by the Care Quality Commission.
We provide a full range of acute adult services to our local population of circa 350,000 and provide tertiary services across a much wider area in the North West, North Wales and Isle of Man. We are a Major Trauma Unit and the Mersey Regional Burns Unit.
Our '5 Star Patient Care' strategy is at the heart of all that we do; supporting our vision to provide world class services for all our patients by getting it right for every patient, every time.
Our latest achievements include:
- Trust rates Outstanding by the CQC – Inspection August 2018
- Best in the NHS, Patient Led Assessment of the Care Environment 2017 and 2018
- The Trust achieved top marks in the country for areas including; cleanliness, food, privacy and dignity, facilities for patients living with dementia and disabilities, conditions, appearance and maintenance of the hospital buildings.
- Top 100 places to work in the NHS (NHS Employers and Health Service Journal)
- Best acute Trust in England (NHS Staff Survey 2017 and 2018)
- Best Patient Experience in the NHS (CHKS Top Hospitals Awards 2015)
In the NHS Staff Survey 2018 the Trust scored the highest marks in the following areas;
- Positive organisation culture of safety
- Quality of care
- Staff engagement
- Staff morale
- Equality, diversity and inclusion
- Providing a safe environment for staff
Our staff rated our Trust as the best place to work and receive treatment. The Trust has also been recognised, for the third year running, as being the top acute Trust in the entire country for staff engagement, staff motivation, and pride in the quality of care we provide to patients.