Senior Staff Specialist or Staff Specialist (Gastroenterology)
The Prince Charles Hospital, Chermside
Metro North Hospital and Health Service is the biggest and most diverse Hospital and Health Service in Queensland, delivering the best care by the brightest healthcare professionals.
Two of our five hospitals – Royal Brisbane and Women's Hospital (RBWH) and The Prince Charles Hospital (TPCH) – are tertiary/quaternary referral hospitals, providing state-wide super specialty services, such as heart and lung transplantation and burns treatment. Redcliffe and Caboolture are major secondary hospitals, and Kilcoy is a regional community hospital.
This is your opportunity to join the dedicated team of professionals at Metro North Health and be part of a world-class, dynamic and growing health service that embraces technology, excellence in health care, teaching, research and empowering our people to be the best in serving our community.
About the Role
- Development and expansion of high quality gastroenterology and hepatology care to inpatients and outpatients within The Prince Charles Hospital as a member of an enthusiastic Gastroenterology Department.
- Development of Gastroenterology Advanced Trainee core training post at The Prince Charles Hospital.
- Provision of endoscopy services including emergency endoscopy services as and when required
- Participation in the provision of an after-hours on call gastroenterological service.
- Take part in undergraduate and postgraduate teaching of students and medical trainees.
Find out about the role in more detail and how to apply in the Role Description on SmartJobs.
Why work for us?
We offer rewarding career opportunities across a wide range of clinical and non-clinical areas across our health service and pride ourselves on providing a work environment that is safe, satisfying, flexible, and promotes a healthy work-life balance.
As a Metro North employee you will benefit from a higher than standard employer contribution to Superannuation of up to 12.75%, access to salary packaging, flexible working arrangements and competitive salary rates with annual incremental increases.
We are committed to providing a diverse and inclusive workplace for our people and our community. We encourage people of all genders, races, ages and abilities to apply for roles within our Health Service.
You can find out more about why it's so great to work at Metro North here: https://metronorth.health.qld.gov.au/careers
APPLICATIONS RECEIVED VIA THIRD PARTIES (RECRUITMENT AGENCIES ETC.) WILL NOT BE ACCEPTED
Applicants are to apply online via the apply click button. If the information requested in the ‘how to apply’ section is not provided you may not meet the requirements for further consideration of your application.
Closing date 16-Sep-2019