Trust Doctor FY1
FY1 – Hampshire Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust
Location: Basingstoke and North Hampshire Hospital
Role Description: This is a one year fixed term appointment to the Hampshire Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust to support acute surgical and medical services. The appointment will be to work as part of the clinical teams to support delivery of a range of specialist and generalist services at Basingstoke and North Hampshire Hospital. The post will cover ITU for 4 months with surgical FY1 on-call commitments, before rotating to medicine for 4 months and then 4 months in Hepatobiliary.
What we look for:
- An enthusiastic and friendly clinician with motivation to learn and care for patients
- Registration with the GMC and evidence of continuing professional learning
- Ability to work as a reliable member of a team and communicate effectively with others
What we Offer:
- Opportunities to rotate through and gain experience in three diverse areas
- Support from our clinical teams for professional and educational development
- Opportunities to gain a wide portfolio of experience, including on-call, whilst being fully supported by clinical and educational supervisors.
Who we are: Our service offers opportunity to work across divisions and teams within our Intensive Care Unit, Medical and Hepatobiliary Teams in order to gain a broad exposure during your rotations. The Basingstoke ITU team has 8 beds, with 8 beds in a high-dependency unit, and a further 2 HDU beds being built. The Hepatobiliary team has 4 Consultants who perform around 160 major resections per annum as well as benign and laparoscopic surgery, minimal access treatments and endoscopy. There is a close collaboration between the HPB and Peritoneal Malignancy services.
About the trust:
The vision at Hampshire Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust is to provide outstanding care for every patient. We serve a population of nearly 600,000 people across Hampshire and West Berkshire as well as some people who access our specialist services from across the country.
Created in January 2012 the Foundation Trust prioritises the provision of exceptional, compassionate, care delivered by the valued staff working in a culture of collaboration and mutual respect. HHFT employs circa 6,000 people and had a turnover of £382m in 17/18
Four core values (CARE) Compassion, Accountability, Respect and Encourage. These are in place to support of four clear objectives, provide outstanding care of patients, empowering all members of staff, sustainable growth and innovating for the future.