REGISTRAR – OBSTETRICS & GYNAECOLOGY
2 days left
- Full Time
REGISTRAR – OBSTETRICS & GYNAECOLOGY
Come and work in Perth, Western Australia
Welcome to St John of God Health Care
With a total of 367 beds, 307 for public patients and 60 for private patients, St John of God Midland Public & Private Hospitals, Perth Western Australia is conveniently located within one complex, bringing health care closer to home.
With over 120 years' experience in health care, we have an excellent reputation as a caring, nurturing and supportive employer. Learning is highly valued and there are many opportunities for professional development.
St John of God Midland Public and Private Hospitals provides a comprehensive Obstetrics & Gynaecology service to Midland, Swan Valley and the Wheatbelt Region. In 2019 SJGMMPH Maternity Services had 1890 deliveries, serving a high-risk diverse population.
We are currently seeking a Registrar (Obstetrics & Gynaecology) to join the team for one year on a full-time basis, ideally commencing February 2020. This post will provide an excellent opportunity for a candidate willing to further their career in Obstetrics & Gynaecology. You will have a broad range of exposure to Obstetrics & Gynaecology in particular training in Advanced Laparoscopic surgery and Point of Care Ultrasound.
Teaching and continual education is encouraged and formal sessions are available weekly. You will be supervised by a Consultant in teams which will provide you with the opportunity for structured feedback and career guidance.
SJGMPPH is located only 10 minutes from the beautiful Perth Swan Valley and Hills area and only 20 minutes from Perth city. The Swan Valley is WA’s oldest wine grown region and boasts 20+ wineries. The region has a strong food element in the form of chocolate factories, coffee roasters, several beekeepers, a lavender farm, olive groves, cheese farms and many restaurants and cafes.
The successful candidate will have:
- A willingness and capacity to embrace the Mission and Values of St John of God Health Care.
- Eligible for Registration with the Medical Board of Australia (AHPRA).
- A minimum of two (2) years clinical experience in a range of medical, surgical and acute care disciplines commensurate with this position (1 yr. minimum experience in O&G).
- Demonstrated verbal and written communication skills to effectively interact with patients, family members and other caregivers.
- Ability to work efficiently and effectively as a team member.
- Experience in collaborative problem solving.
- Analytical skills and demonstrated ability to make good management decisions.
- Demonstrated commitment to quality improvement.
- Ability to work day, evening, night and weekend shifts as per the roster, participating on the on-call roster for Birth Suite.
- Salary Packaging.
- Parking Available.
- Professional development.
- Participation in Antenatal Clinic, Gynaecology clinic (including Colposcopy Assessment) and Gynaecology theatre sessions including assisting and performing minor and major procedures. This unit offers Advanced Laparoscopic surgery including TLH.
- Excellent experience in higher-risk patient care – Moort Boodjari Mia (MBM), Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander community.
- Opportunity to participate in clinical and scientific research related to the department and contribute to quality improvement of practice and service delivery (including audit activity).
* All applicants must address the Selection Criteria (as detailed on the last page of the Position Description) *
St John of God Health Care embraces diversity and strongly encourages applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples and people with disabilities.
For enquiries about this position, please contact Tammie Burke,
Department Secretary, on (08) 9462 4481 or Tammie.Burke@sjog.org.au.
To apply, go to www.sjog.org.au/working-with-us and enter reference number 24523.