Specialty Doctor in Obstetrics & Gynaecology
This is an exciting opportunity to join a supportive department within an Outstanding Trust. The post will involve work in Gynaecology outpatient clinics, antenatal clinics, delivery suite, obstetrics and gynaecology theatres. Special interest sessions will be encouraged and provided as far as possible depending on skills and completed ATSMs or equivalent.
The post attracts a maximum number of 12 Pas (including oncall commitments) on the Speciality Doctor nationally agreed scale. The on call commitment will work out about 1:8. There will be opportunities to embark on new ATSMs as appropriate, and it would be expected that any successful candidate would take an active role in the service provision of the department. In addition they would be expected to have active participation in education and audit, which is a great opportunity to enhance your skillset.
The post will include a requirement to be involved in the teaching of junior staff, including those preparing for examinations such as MRCOG and DRCOG as well as teaching medical students from Liverpool University. There are also obstetric emergency study days and perineal workshops.
St Helens & Knowsley Teaching Hospitals NHS Trust is the BEST acute Trusts in England for the THIRD year running!
The Trust is currently the only acute Trust in Cheshire and Merseyside, and is one of nine in the entire country, to achieve the title of OUTSTANDING, rated by the Care Quality Commission.
We provide a full range of acute adult services to our local population of circa 350,000 and provide tertiary services across a much wider area in the North West, North Wales and Isle of Man. We are a Major Trauma Unit and the Mersey Regional Burns Unit.
Our '5 Star Patient Care' strategy is at the heart of all that we do; supporting our vision to provide world class services for all our patients by getting it right for every patient, every time.
Our latest achievements include:
- Trust rates Outstanding by the CQC – Inspection August 2018
- Best in the NHS, Patient Led Assessment of the Care Environment 2017 and 2018
- The Trust achieved top marks in the country for areas including; cleanliness, food, privacy and dignity, facilities for patients living with dementia and disabilities, conditions, appearance and maintenance of the hospital buildings.
- Top 100 places to work in the NHS (NHS Employers and Health Service Journal)
- Best acute Trust in England (NHS Staff Survey 2017 and 2018)
- Best Patient Experience in the NHS (CHKS Top Hospitals Awards 2015)
In the NHS Staff Survey 2018 the Trust scored the highest marks in the following areas;
- Positive organisation culture of safety
- Quality of care
- Staff engagement
- Staff morale
- Equality, diversity and inclusion
- Providing a safe environment for staff
Our staff rated our Trust as the best place to work and receive treatment. The Trust has also been recognised, for the third year running, as being the top acute Trust in the entire country for staff engagement, staff motivation, and pride in the quality of care we provide to patients.
Interview date will be confirmed at a later date.
For further information or to arrange an informal visit, please contact:
Mrs N Srivastava
Obstetrics & Gynaecology
0151 676 5288