Taranaki Base Hospital, New Plymouth
- Have you considered coming to New Plymouth to join our Older Peoples Health and Rehabilitation Service (OPHRS)?
- Lifestyle balanced with professional enjoyment
- Come and live in the region that was named the world’s second top region to visit in 2017 by Lonely Planet!
A vacancy exists for a motivated and experienced Geriatrician to work with dedicated teams of medical, nursing and allied health staff primarily caring for older people with complex health and rehabilitation needs.
The OPHRS service is co-managed with Mental Health Services Older People. The MHSOP service provides advice, assessment, treatment, care and support via a range of professions and assists people in Taranaki who are over the age of 65 and experience significant mental health problems.
As a senior medical officer you will be expected to:
- Provide consultant services to patients requiring specialist care
- Interact daily with other departments
- Mentor junior medical staff attached to the service
- Have ability to work in the specialist inpatient, outpatient, intermediate care, and community settings
- Cover for colleagues in their absence
You will be known by your peers as someone who:
- Works well in multidisciplinary teams to provide patient centred care
- Strives to improve the way services are developed and delivered
- Has excellent communication skills and the ability to interact with a wide variety of people from various backgrounds
- Engages with other providers, consumers, and health organisations to improve the quality and responsiveness of services
- Focuses on achieving results and developing and maintaining good working relationships in the workplace
There are no after hours duties attached to this role.
In Taranaki, it is easy to achieve an enviable lifestyle without having to compromise your career path. The region’s amazing mountain, rivers, lakes, fantastic coastline and outstanding surfing and tramping opportunities, masses of parks and gardens, as well as a major events calendar, make it a great place to live and work.
For more information check out https://www.taranaki.info/
The Taranaki District Health Board is a large organisation (1,800 staff, $325m cost-centre) operating in the exciting, changing Health sector.
Click here to read the position description.
If you want to make an application, click on “Apply Click Button.
To discuss the post informally please contact Dr Dianne Stokes, Head of Department - Older People’s Health and Rehabilitation Service, on +64 6 753 6139 ext 7669 or by e-mail at Dianne.Stokes@tdhb.org.nz
Closing date for applications is 30 September 2019 however we may make an appointment prior to this date and close the vacancy.