Professor of Radiology/Imaging
PROFESSOR OF RADIOLOGY/IMAGING
- Provide leadership and direction in Medical Imaging clinical service and research at UNSW and Prince of Wales Hospital.
- Enable further collaboration between UNSW and Prince of Wales Hospital to deliver on shared objectives of world class clinical service and translational research in Medical Imaging.
OVERVIEW OF RELEVANT AREA AND POSITION SUMMARY
UNSW Medicine is a national leader in learning, teaching and research, with close affiliations to several Australia's finest hospitals, research institutes and health care organisations. The Prince of Wales Hospital (POWH), a 420-bed adult tertiary referral hospital, is co-located on the Randwick Hospitals campus with Sydney Children's Hospital, Royal Hospital for Women, the Eastern Suburbs Mental Health Service, Prince of Wales Private Hospital and several research institutes. This collective of health services represents one of the largest health precincts in Australia and forms part of the Randwick Academic Health Precinct with UNSW in which there has been significant recent investment.
The Randwick development involves $1.5 billion capital expenditure for the building of an adult hospital, a children’s hospital and major university facilities and leadership planning for imaging across this precinct is essential. This appointment will provide the required leadership and oversight in Medical Imaging. The appointee will display excellence in the clinical care, teaching, and scholarly activity that advances clinical medicine, and institutional service appropriate to the needs of POWH and the LHD and the seniority of the appointee.
This will be a joint Clinical Academic appointment between UNSW Medicine, the South-Eastern Sydney Local Health District and POWH. The appointee will report jointly to the Dean of UNSW Medicine and to the Director, POWH Department of Medical Imaging.
- Strategically and operationally work across both organisations, UNSW Medicine and POWH by providing leadership in Medical Imaging, focusing on the development and integration of research and education to support and enhance clinical service delivery
- Produce high quality academic outputs including competitive grant successes, peer-reviewed publications, and student research project supervision.
- Contribute to the delivery of service plans and strategies for Medical Imaging, in alignment with the strategies of POWH and the South East Sydney Local Health District (SESLHD), including the incorporation of health service improvement, research, analysis and high-quality reporting
- Contribute in a leadership role to the implementation of key organisational programs and initiatives in Medical Imaging that contribute to its systems and business processes, reflecting improvement strategies in meeting organisational performance indicators and goals
- Represent UNSW Medicine and POWH/SESLHD Medical Imaging on peak committees at local, District, State and National levels, as appropriate. Also contribute in a leadership role to activities applicable to senior clinical leaders in meeting the requirements for National Standards compliance and accreditation.
- Work closely with the Dean and with the Director, Medical Imaging to ensure that teaching, research and clinical care are integrated in the continuum essential for the maintenance of the highest standards of a major teaching Hospital.
You must possess (or be eligible for) medical registration with the Australian Health Practitioners Registration Authority (AHPRA), and the FRANZCR or equivalent qualification, and appropriate Australian specialist recognition relevant to Medical Imaging. You will have a PhD or an equivalent qualification, along with an excellent research track record including significant external research funding and publications in top tier peer-reviewed journals.
You will also have demonstrated: capacity to lead and manage complex organisational change in clinical, research and education settings, including high-level skills in leadership, analysis, liaison, negotiation, and conflict resolution; expertise in management, planning and development of clinical services and subspecialty expertise that complements and extends the clinical and diagnostic services available in Medical Imaging; capacity to deliver quality improvement activities, and the ability to ensure the provision of high-quality Medical Imaging services across POWH.
Please refer to the attached position description for full details of the role responsibilities and selection criteria before making an application.
For further information, please contact:
Merita O’Connell - Talent Acquisition Consultant, UNSW Medicine
Alternatively please click the apply button to apply.
Applications close at 11 pm, 5th September 2019.
UNSW aspires to be the exemplar Australian university and employer of choice for people from diverse backgrounds. UNSW aims to ensure equality in recruitment, development, retention and promotion of staff, and that no-one is disadvantaged on the basis of their gender, cultural background, disability, sexual orientation or identity. We encourage everyone who meets the selection criteria to apply.