Dental Core Trainee (DCT1-2) Oral and Maxillofacial
Dental Core Trainees
Hull University Teaching Hospitals NHS Trust is one of the largest acute Trusts’ in the country. It is a University Teaching Hospital with 1293 beds and an annual budget of £481million. The Trust employs around 9000 staff and is committed to their development and health and well-being. The Trust supports a variety of tertiary services and is both a Major Cancer Centre and a Major Trauma Centre.
Applications are invited for the post of Dental Core Trainee to work at the equivalent level of Dental Core Training (1, 2) to work in the Humberside Maxillo-Facial Consortium with exposure to multiple sites working on a fixed term basis until September 2020. Duties could include:
- Timetable of rolling activity within the specialty allowing the trainee maximum opportunity to acquire competence in all areas of the curriculum
- Mandatory attendance at Deanery led Regional Study Days
- Hands-on sessions (e.g. MOS, operating under both inpatient and day case GA) with a designated clinical supervisor undertaking teaching
- Other duties to include MDT and general outpatient clinics,
- Ward work and acute seven day service provision, including on call
- Active participation with clinical governance with expectation to present audit and research work both locally with the opportunity for regional/national exposure.
- Dedicated teaching session with activity cancelled to facilitate this.
- Study session to include experience of other dental disciplines
- Support in populating a portfolio to complete successfully the DCT year.
The East Riding of Yorkshire is a very popular place to live. It extends to several well-known East Coast resorts as well as containing the Yorkshire Wolds and Yorkshire Moors. The cost of living is significantly lower than elsewhere in the country making it an excellent place to achieve a good work/life balance
For further information, please contact Peter Brotherton – Training Programme Director by e-mail email@example.com
*** We reserve the right to withdraw this post if satisfactory trainees are assigned. We aim to keep all applicants updated throughout the recruitment process.***
The post holder is required to be continuously registered with the General Dental Council, Registration status will be required.