GMS Contract Vacancy
GMS CONTRACT VACANCY IN MARKHAM, SOUTH WALES
Aneurin Bevan University Health Board (ABUHB) is seeking Expressions of Interest from suitably qualified General Practitioners to take over a GMS Contract in the town of Markham, South Wales.
Markham Medical Centre is a modern, purpose built health facility located in Markham. Markham is a small village in the South Wales Valleys in Caerphilly County Borough, to the northeast of Bargoed. It is a district of the community of Argoed.
This is an exciting opportunity to take on a forward thinking practice with an excellent reputation.
Markham Medical Centre is operated by a sole general practitioner, who also owns the premise. The practice is also supported by District Nursing, Counselling, Midwifery and Health Visiting teams.
A robust administration and reception department supports the whole clinical team.
The practice is a high achiever against QOF and provides the majority of essential, additional, and a range of enhanced General Medical Services
- List Size Circa 3,065 patients (as at June 2019)
- Current premises - Purpose built modern 2 storey, spacious premises.
- No Out of Hours commitment as OOH services are provided by the Health Board.
- The incoming partnership will need to comply with the Transfer of Undertakings (Protection of Earnings) Regulations (TUPE) in relation to the existing staff.
- Please note that for governance reasons, this contract will not be offered to a sole practitioner. The Health Board would wish to see a minimum GP commitment of the equivalent of 2 GPs, supplemented by additional clinical staff.
Informal enquiries can be directed to Dr Liam Taylor, Deputy Medical Director or Victoria Taylor, Head of Primary Care, Tel 01495 241286
Formal expressions of interest and detailed business proposals should be submitted to: Deborah Harrington, Contracts Manager via email to firstname.lastname@example.org or by post to Deborah Harrington at Llanarth House, Unit 1 Newbridge Gateway, Bridge Street, Newbridge NP11 5GH.
Please mark the envelope “Confidential - EOI” and give details of your interest, your detailed proposal for the practice and include a named contact for further information.
The closing date for the submission of business proposals is the 15th July 2019.
Should your proposal be accepted by the Health Board you will be invited to attend a selection panel for interview on the 18th July 2019.