Consultant Stroke with no GIM On Call
Thank you for your interest in the role of Consultant in Stroke with General Medicine.
Our stroke team, led by Dr Rashed MBE, has an excellent reputation with the Stroke Sentinel National Audit Programme (SSNAP) team and our rating is consistently very good; we currently provide the following stroke services:
- 4 Hyperacute and 12 Acute stroke inpatient beds.
- 24/7 Stroke Thrombolysis supported by the AGWS stroke network. Our Thrombolysis rate is consistently around 20%.
- Dedicated TIA Clinics.
- Expert Stroke support to the state-of-the-art, purpose built 16 bed Stroke unit at the newly reopened South Petherton Community Hospital (SPCH).
What makes us special?
- 40% of our patients are supported through Early Supported Discharge scheme.
- We have a 12 week specialised post discharge rehabilitation gym based clinic; ASPIRE.
- We are the highest recruiting small DGH for Stroke Research.
- Our rapid access TIA clinic has been running since 2004 providing rapid assessment with agreed protocols for brain imaging (MRI) and carotid imaging.
- Our CNS team led by a Nationally recognised Nurse Consultant provide a 7 day service.
- We have a dedicated Stroke data analyst for SSNAP data input, Stroke activity analysis and development/maintenance of a comprehensive Stroke intranet site.
- Our excellent working relationship with our Tertiary Centre has led to 11 patients in the last year referred for Thrombectomy.
- Our mullti-disciplinary training programme supported by ex-patients, enables our junior staff to gain essential clinical experience in a non-threatening environment.
- We have an excellent working relationship with our MDT including clinical psychology, Orthoptics, Speech and Language Therapy and OT/PT.
We really value the impact that you as a Consultant will have on our patients and services; we therefore offer an enhanced benefits package.
For further details / informal visits contact:
Dr Jim Gotto, Clinical Director - James.Gotto@ydh.nhs.uk
For further information on our enhanced benefits package, please contact:
Carol Gill, Medical Recruitment Officer - Carol.Gill@ydh.nhs.uk - 01935 384502