This post forms part of the Directorate of Adult Mental Health within the North Yorkshire Locality area of Tees, Esk and Wear Valleys NHS Foundation Trust. Adult community mental health services is directly commissioned by Hambleton, Richmondshire and Whitby CCG.
It is estimated that the total unweighted population in Hambleton and Richmondshire area is 140,200 (ONS 2010 Mid-Year Population Estimates).
On the basis of intensive consultation and staff and service user involvement, the locality has developed a whole system of care. All specialist elements required by the Mental Health NSF are in place, with some local tailoring to meet the challenges of rurality. The service is an integrated health and social care enterprise (with North Yorkshire Social Services).
The whole systems model includes:
- A multi-disciplinary community mental health team (Integrated community team) of nurses, occupational therapists, social workers and community support workers with consultant psychiatrist input.
- Assertive outreach workers.
- Primary care mental health workers.
Across the whole area:
- An Early Intervention in Psychosis Service.
- A 24 hour Crisis Response and Resolution Team with dedicated consultant time.
- An Approved Mental health professional rota to ensure the need for Mental Health Act assessments can be met during working hours and out of hours.
- Inpatient beds are located at West Park Hospital in Darlington
- Good quality service user and independent sector led community support, housing and inclusion services.
We aim to provide person-centred specialist services, with emphasis on the role of the care coordinator, and consequent reduction of clinical demands on consultant psychiatrists and specialty doctors, allowing them to takeHambleton and Richmondshire locality is covered by two community mental health teams (West and East Integrated Community Teams)- which include workers with assertive outreach and primary care functions. There is a Crisis Response and Resolution Team and an acute hospital liaison service based at the same the Friarage hospital in Northallerton. up true consultancy roles, and to devote more time to special interests.