Trust Grade ST3+ Dr in Diabetes & Endocrinology
HULL UNIVERSITY TEACHING HOSPITALS NHS TRUST
Trust Grade ST3+ Registrar in Diabetes & Endocrinology available with immediate effect for six months initially with possible extension.
Based at Hull Royal Infirmary (HRI)
Drs B J Allan, M Aye, D Hepburn, K Mohammed, S Mongolu, J E Patmore, Prof T Sathyaplan, H Tan, C Walton
2.0 Specialist Registrars
5 junior doctors at FY1 and CT level throughout the department.
The Registrar will work in the department of diabetes, endocrinology and metabolism at HRI covering outpatient clinics, base ward (H70) with specialty and general medical inpatients and medical day unit endocrine investigations. They will provide support for the junior doctors on the ward and will work along side the consultants on the unit.
The post will take part in the RMO acute unselected medical take rota.
This is a service post and is therefore not recognised for training. The candidate will be able to attend the departmental educational meetings in addition to the Medical Grand Round and CPD teaching session. There is an active Postgraduate Medical Centre with an excellent library with Information Technology support. The undergraduate medical school (HYMS) has a number of medical students attached to the Department.
As a Trust Doctor working with Hull and East Yorkshire Hospitals NHS Trust, you will be entitled to receive the following:
- A named Educational Supervisor
- 10 Study Days Leave per annum
- £500 of Study Leave Allowance per annum
- Access to an e-portfolio
- An assigned Appraiser and access to Multi-Source Feedback 360° (if required) and an Appraisal System
There is the opportunity to be involved with national and departmental audits.
Hull Royal Infirmary is the major acute hospital in Hull and East Yorkshire. In combination with Castle Hill Hospital, all specialties are represented except for acute solid organ transplantation. The opening of the Hull York Medical School in September 2003 completed the development of the Trust teaching centre.
- MBBS or equivalent medical qualification
- MRCP(UK) Part 1 or equivalent at time of application
- MRCP(UK) Part 2 or equivalent at time of application
- Possession of PACES desirable but not essential
- Eligible for full registration with the GMC at time of appointment and hold a current licence to practise
- Evidence of achievement of Foundation competencies from a UKFPO affiliated Foundation Programme or equivalent in line with GMC standards/Good Medical Practice
- Evidence of achievement of CT/ST2 competencies supported by evidence of workplace-based assessments (e.g. DOPS, Mini-CEX, ACAT, CBD)
- Not previously removed from a training programme
The successful postholder will have evidence of experience in a range of acute medical specialties, with experience of managing patients on an acute unselected medical take during core medical training or equivalent.
For further details / informal visits contact:
Dr Allan’s Secretary (01482 675368). To arrange an informal visit with any of the Consultants please contact the relevant Secretary through the hospital switchboard (01482 328541)