Internal Medicine Registrar
6 days left
- Full Time
When you work with the Canterbury District Health Board, you're part of something very special. We plan, fund and deliver health services to the almost 600,000 New Zealanders that live in the Canterbury region. Our primary goal is to put people at the heart of everything we do.
Our General Medicine department is both dynamic and supportive. As a registrar, you will have opportunities to interface with all internal medicine departments. This is your chance to grow your generalist skillset or to develop in your specialist niche!
Full-time, permanent role to commence in June 2019.
Basic Training Registrar - Over 12 months, you will rotate through the specialties of medicine, including Older Persons Health and General Medicine.
What's in it for Me?
- Grow from regular teaching, tutorials and presentations
- Opportunity to gain experience in sub-specialty work, including diabetes
- Accelerate your development with three Senior Medical Registrars who are available for supervision and teaching of procedural skills
Skills and experience:
- You will have completed PGY2 (or FY2) by June 2019
- You must be eligible for general or provisional general registration with the Medical Council of New Zealand. You can check your eligibility by visiting the Council's website at www.mcnz.org.nz
Our Culture: What matters to us
Ko Te Whatu Manawa Tangata
Putting people at the heart of all we do
Health is ultimately all about people. What's important around here is the way we care for and respect others, the responsibility taken for delivering outcomes, and going about our work with integrity.
Being part of the Canterbury District Health Board, you will enjoy a fantastic benefits scheme, the opportunity for flexible working arrangements and ongoing focus on your career development.
If this role has sparked your interest but does not match your skills then please visit our careers website and have a look at our roles that better suit your expertise.
Apply online, or to find out more information, please contact Tracey Sutherland
If you meet the above criteria, then please click the "Apply Now" button below.
You will need to submit:
- Electronic copies of your CV and covering letter
- Contact details for three referees
Applicants will be progressed as they apply, so if this sounds like you, please apply now!