Professor of Child Health Informatics
PROFESSOR OF CHILD HEALTH INFORMATICS
Location: Parkville (Melbourne), Australia
Division/Faculty: Faculty of Medicine, Dentistry and Health Sciences
Department/School: Melbourne Medical School
Role & Superannuation rate: Academic - Full time - 17% super
The Royal Children’s Hospital
About the role
An opportunity for you to lead the way in this newly established position, the Professor of Child Health Informatics is integral to the transformative vision of future healthcare for Australian children. Our aim is to become an international leader in the use of data to improve all aspects of patient care, operations and research. A substantial support package will enable the incumbent to build the necessary team to establish and embed the discipline of Child Health Informatics research in Melbourne.
Through leadership positions like the Professor of Child Health Informatics, the University of Melbourne aspires to create Australia’s leading ecosystem for digital health and clinical and population informatics while at the same time expanding the frontiers of informatics in partnership with other leading global centres.
As the Professor of Child Health Informatics, you will be based at the Melbourne Children’s Campus providing academic leadership in child health informatics, working with each of the partners on the campus, The Royal Children’s Hospital, the Murdoch Children’s Research Institute and The University of Melbourne Department of Paediatrics, as well as linking more broadly across the University and the Parkville precinct.
You will possess:
- A medical qualification, registerable with the Australian Health Practitioner Regulation Agency
- Fellowship of the Royal Australasian College of Physicians, or equivalent
- A research higher degree in a relevant discipline, or equivalent research experience or qualification
- Internationally recognised record of exceptional and outstanding achievement in academia and research. Strong leadership skills and the ability to foster academic achievement in others with demonstrated leadership in research and scholarship.
- A distinguished career of international, or leading national, standing in research in informatics, data science or a related field., including involvement in undergraduate and postgraduate education.
- Strategic perspective to ensure sustainability and future growth with a track record in obtaining external research funding, including Competitive Grant Schemes.
- Excellent communication, negotiation and presentation skills
Established in 1862, Melbourne Medical School (MMS) in the Faculty of Medicine, Dentistry and Health Sciences at the University of Melbourne is the oldest medical school in Australia.
MMS is committed to working with the communities we serve to improve health and advance health care. We will do this through our teaching, learning, research, clinical care and advocacy. The Faculty of Medicine, Dentistry and Health Sciences (MDHS) is Australia’s pre-eminent medical, health sciences and biomedical faculty and is recognised for its research, teaching and training and policy leadership across all of these fields.
The Faculty employs more than 1,900 members of staff, attracts more than 8,000 students each year and comprises six schools; 33 departments, centres and institutes; and 128 courses. It contributes almost 50 per cent of all research conducted across the University
We offer a number of employee benefits to maximise your work life at University of Melbourne (UOM). Some of the benefits on offer are; a salary packaging scheme, flexible family friendly policies - providing generous leave and working conditions. An opportunity to work in a culturally rich environment with substantial discount to eligible staff and their immediate families in undertaking further studies at UOM
To find out more, go to:
How to apply
We are in a time of expansion and growth, for more information, position description plus other opportunities please click https://medicine.unimelb.edu.au/about/join-the-melbourne-medical-school
Your application submitted should include a CV along with your responses against the selection criteria found in the Position Description for the role.
Applications close: 30 Jun 2019 11:55 PM AUS Eastern Standard Time
For position information and to apply online please click the apply button.