Consultant Radiologist – Subtropical lifestyle just 2 hours north of Auckland, New Zealand
6 days left
- Full Time
We are seeking a Consultant Radiologist for a full-time position in a regional base hospital in Whangarei in the stunning subtropical Northland region of New Zealand. A strong subspecialty interest would be supported.
- Relaxed lifestyle in the “winterless north” just 2 hrs from Auckland
- Permanent and fixed term (12 month min)
- FRANZCR or equivalent specialist qualifications, e.g. FRCR
- 100,000+ procedures undertaken per year
- Two CT scanners (256 slice & 16 Slice) and a 1.5T MRI
- Gateway to the stunning Bay of Islands and beautiful Far North
- Enjoy kayaking, scuba diving, paddleboarding .... and more!
The Radiology Department delivers a comprehensive range of diagnostic imaging services for the region, including: X-Ray, CT, MRI, ultrasound, mammography, fluoroscopy and basic interventional procedures. The Radiologists are generalists with a breadth of skills but are also able to develop and their special interests. Lifelong learning and continued professional development are very much supported. In addition, multidisciplinary meetings are held each week with all specialities being involved which encourages a close collegial working environment.
You will have broad experience and skills across Radiology; proven leadership skills and experience working in a multidisciplinary team environment; an interest in medical education and teaching, including providing supervision and education to medical students and other clinical staff; and a commitment and willingness to be involved in continuous quality improvement programmes.
If interested in applying, please include an overview of the modalities you perform.
Whangarei is called the “Meeting place of the Pacific” because of its many international yachting visitors and the Northland region boasts some of the most scenic and exciting coastal areas of NZ in a subtropical climate. Its rich in Maori and European history, some of the oldest traces of Maori settlement can be found here and newcomers will experience a real connection with the culture and way of life.
With its high sunshine hours and fantastic natural environment, including white sandy beaches and native forests, it has the reputation of being one of the country’s premier tourist and lifestyle destinations, and is a popular holiday choice for both Kiwis and international visitors. As a result, the region has developed into a real melting pot of cultures, which provides valuable exposure and experiences both professionally and socially.
You can enjoy al fresco dining, world class scuba diving, fishing, sailing, golfing, surfing, swimming with dolphins and so much more. Popular water recreation areas include the Bay of Islands and Poor Knights Islands Reserves.
Whangarei has a busy domestic airport, as well as easy access transport links to Auckland, New Zealand’s largest city which is only a two hour drive away
- Fresh, professional challenge in a beautiful location
- Work in a comparable health system and enjoy a professionally and socially rewarding experience
- Affordable housing and excellent schools
- Beautiful natural surroundings and marine life – white sandy beaches, native forest, dolphins, orcas
- Sea kayaking, surfing, paddle boarding, sailing, windsurfing, golfing and diving
Find out more about Whangarei and the Northland region
What’s on offer?
- Total package circa NZ$190,000 - $300,000 per annum, depending on level of experience
- Includes base salary range NZ$161,304 - $240,000 per annum, depending on level of experience
- NZ$16,000 Continuing Medical Education allowance + 10 days CME leave per annum
- Plus relocation assistance
Requirement for this role
Ideally, you will hold FRANZCR and full Vocational registration with Medical Council of New Zealand (MCNZ).
Alternatively, if not NZ trained or based, you will hold equivalent specialist qualifications that will enable Provisional Vocational (long term) registration or Locum Tenens (short term up to 12 months) registration, such as specialist qualifications from the UK & Ireland (via CCT), Australia, Canada, South Africa or USA.
We can assist with medical registration and work visa applications, if you are successfully appointed.
Please visit the MCNZ website for details on the medical registration requirements, including primary source verification of your qualifications which was introduced by MCNZ 1st November 2017.
To find out more, or to apply, contact Caroline O'Hagan on +64 (0)225 214 705 or email email@example.com
Apply for Consultant Radiologist – Subtropical lifestyle just 2 hours north of Auckland, New Zealand
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly