Department: Medical & Psychiatry
About The Role
We are currently seeking a Consultant Psychiatrist to join our team at the Eldertree Lodge Hospital, located near Market Drayton, in Staffordshire. It provides 41 beds for individuals with intellectual disability, divided between 2 care pathways: neurodevelopmental disorders (male) and complex needs (female).
You will work as Consultant Psychiatrist for the Female Complex Needs pathway. The pathway is working towards accreditation in the enabling environments scheme.
The service is commissioned by NHS Wales and Clinical Commissioning Groups.
The central location of the hospital results in referrals from a wide area, primarily the North West and Midlands areas.
At The Huntercombe Group we provide three specialist areas of care: Adult Mental Health and Learning Disabilities, Specialist Brain Injury and Neuro-rehabilitation services, and Child and Adolescent Mental Health Services. With hospitals and specialist centres across England and Scotland, we work in partnership with NHS and Local Authorities to provide person-centred quality health and social care services.
The Huntercombe Group aims to continuously improve and innovate in the services we operate and we do this through various joint initiatives and partnerships with the NHS.
- Take overall responsibility and charge of the medical care of all the patients on the post holders unit
- Holding and chairing monthly patient review meetings
- Reviewing each of their inpatients ensuring that these assessments are documented
- Attending daily morning meetings to address all incidents and safeguarding matters
- Attending the peer group with other Psychiatrists to meet the RCPsych CPD criteria
- Attending Clinical Governance, Health and Safety and referrals meetings
- Offering a psychiatric perspective to the multidisciplinary team in relation to the assessment, formulation and treatment of patients
- Taking clinical responsibility for patients including Patient review meetings, risk reviews, strategic reviews and the development of a therapeutic milieu
- Fulfilling the role of Responsible Clinician to patients detained under the Mental Health Act 1983 (amended 2007). Medically responsible under the Mental Health Act for the medical treatment of all of the patients allocated
- Contributing to in-house training programmes within the services and offering supervision to other members of the multi-disciplinary team, particularly junior staff
- Be the primary, focal role in the case management of the patients in relation to the referring community, learning disability, local authority and commissioning agencies
- Managing admissions and discharges from the unit. Including attending the patients’ pre admission assessments.
- Contributing to the development and evaluation of services in collaboration with the Medical Director, Hospital Director and Head of Nursing and Quality
- Taking part in medically related audits, presenting these to the audit and Clinical Governance meetings
- Developing a job plan that suits the needs of the individual and the services
To join The Huntercombe Group as a Consultant Psychiatrist you will:
- Hold current full GMC registration with license to practice and with no restrictions on practice and be on specialist register
- Have current approved clinical status
- Be approved under section 12 (2) of the Mental health act 1983 (amended 2007)
- Maintain CPD and re-validation requirements as determined by the Royal College of Psychiatrists or other relevant statutory bodies
- Be a good team player and keen to participate in a multidisciplinary approach to assessment, formulation and management plans
- On call: 1 in 4 (also covers The Huntercombe Centre Birmingham)
Contact Witold Skalbania, Medical Director at Eldertree Lodge for an informal discussion about this vacancy on M: +44 (0)7885269092.
Please take a look at our progressive and rewarding benefits package
- A thorough induction programme tailored to the hospital where you will be working
- Clear pay structure, with competitive rates
- Generous annual leave entitlement
- Funded study leave
- Medical insurance
- Payment of medical indemnity
- Sick pay of 4 weeks full pay and 4 weeks half pay
- The opportunity to participate in a company contributory pension scheme
- Maternity leave at 3 month’s full pay and 3 month’s half pay, (up to a maximum salary of £50k)
- 2 weeks paid paternity leave
- Shared parental leave, matching the maternity leave benefit
- Death in service benefit equivalent to 2 x salary
- A range of staff discounts
- Opportunities for training and development
- Access to Myfamilycare services which provides support and information at critical life events including access to experts and emergency care services
- Employee Assistance Programme (EAP)
For a more detailed job spec please take a look at our Website where you can also read some inspiring stories and find out why working at Huntercombe really sets us apart from the rest on the link here:
About The Company
Huntercombe Group are one the leading specialist healthcare providers,
with hospital and centres throughout England and Scotland, delivering wide ranging services in adult mental health and learning disabilities, specialist brain injury, child and adult mental health services (CAMHS) including eating disorders and social care for children with special needs.
Our aspiration is to nurture the world, one person at a time and that’s why everything we do is designed to provide the best care and recovery for our patients and residents We’re proud to have recruited some of the most experienced doctors, nurses and therapists in their fields and alongside our supportive stable Management structure we hope that it’s you that can help make a difference to our excellent teams and workforce.
To apply, please click the apply button.