Trainee Fellowship in Vascular Surgery
The Townsville Hospital, Queensland
What's on offer?
- Generous remuneration package of up to $180,901 p.a.
- Base salary range of $105,377 - 122,176 p.a. (Registrar L7-L9)
- Base salary range of $105,377 - $116,066 p.a. (PHO L4-L7)
- Recreational leave loading 17.5%
- Employer contribution to superannuation of 12.75%
- Vocational Training Allowance (if accepted into recognised vocational college training program)
- Temporary full-time position for 12 months, commencing 03/02/2020
Mandatory requirements are proof of qualification and registration with AHPRA as a Medical Practitioner. If not accepted into a recognised vocational college training program, the appointment will be at the PHO range of L4-L7.
Other employment benefits offered may include: shift allowances, locality allowances, flexible working arrangements, access to corporate discounts, staff wellness programs and the employee assistance program. Salary sacrificing options may be available.
About the role:
- Under the supervision of the relevant Consultants, initiate, maintain and be responsible for the clinical care of patients in accordance with the standard of the specialty and the ethics of the profession.
- Supervise the day to day activities of junior medical staff to ensure that appropriate standards of care are maintained, and that junior medical staff are trained to adequately fulfil their duties. This includes evaluation and feedback on performance.
- Participate in the provision of an on-call roster or a shift roster to provide services out of hours, at night and on weekends, as directed by the relevant Director.
Common procedures including lower limb revascularisation by endovascular, open and combined procedures; endovascular aneurysm repair including Branch devices, TEVAR; Carotid endarterectomy; open aortic surgery; AV fistula creation and maintenance; other vascular access procedures for oncology and renal purposes; venous surgery; and diabetic foot procedures.
The unit offers:
- Well established easy access to digital subtraction angiography (Hybrid Suite) where
- currently approximately 600 procedures per year are performed by the department;
- Open operating lists;
- Regular out-patient sessions
- An established vascular in-patient ward and access to ICU;
- A vascular laboratory with resident sonographers and established duplex imaging;
- Easy access to a radiology department with CT and MRI imaging;
- Out-reach services to Mackay.
About the location
Townsville is a vibrant, dynamic city; it is the largest urban centre in Northern Australia and is the gateway to the world famous Great Barrier Reef, stunning beaches, rainforests and the Outback. With over 300 days of sunshine a year and the perfect laid-back tropical/coastal lifestyle
Townsville offers stunning natural attractions without sacrificing the benefits of a metropolitan city. No matter your lifestyle… Townsville offers families, couples and individuals a place to call home.
Informal enquiries are welcome, please phone Dr Ramesh Velu (07) 4433 2067.
For further information or to submit an online application, please click on the APPLY button.