Obstetrics and Gynaecology Registrar
2 days left
- Full Time
Obstetrics and Gynaecology Registrar - December 2019
Christchurch Women's hospital is a 6000 birth per annum, tertiary Obstetrics and Gynaecology service covering a large geographical area from Kaikoura in the north to the Rangitata river in the south and from Arthurs Pass to the sea. It offers Gynae Oncology and maternal fetal medicine services for the entire South Island.
There is a large variety of acute and elective obstetric presentations and high risk obstetrics. On the birth suite there are 12 birthing rooms, two obstetric theatres on birth suite, nine assessment beds, two acute observation beds and four beds in PACU. The Birth Suite is covered 24 hours a day with two Registrars, a SHO, SMO and Anaesthetist. There is a daily elective caesarean section list.
The gynaecology service includes inpatient and outpatient services. There are 27 inpatient gynaecology beds, a five bed gynaecology assessment unit and a separate colposcopy and outpatient hysteroscopy unit. There are four elective lists per day Monday, Tuesday, Thursday and three elective lists on Wednesday and a Senior Registrar list on Fridays, as well as some outplaced lists for Registrar operating experience. There is a dedicated gynaecology acute list Wednesday and Friday. The early pregnancy unit is nurse led and run out of the gynaecology assessment unit and is supported by a medical management of miscarriage protocol and a weekly MVAC clinic for surgical management of miscarriage. This list is Registrar led.
There is a team structure for day to day patient care. The afterhours roster is arranged so all nights and weekends are done in a two week block to allow for maximum team based training time. Long days are done outside of this block. Weekend days are staffed by two SHOs until 4pm, two Registrars and a SMO.
- Permanent, full-time Obstetrics and Gynaecology Registrar
- Core and Advanced RANZCOG accredited
- Training positions available
- Commencing in December 2019
- Located at Christchurch Women's Hospital, next to the Botanic gardens
What's in it for me?
- Experience the full scope of high risk obstetrics, obstetric medicine, minimal access surgery, gynae-oncology, reproductive medicine, urogynaecology and maternal and fetal medicine
- Become accredited with the Royal Australian and New Zealand College of Obstetrics and Gynaecology (FRANZCOG)
- Accelerate your learning with varied tertiary level training opportunities, regardless of your long term career goals
Skills and experience
- You will have completed PGY2 (or FY2) by December 2019
- You must be eligible for general or provisional general registration with the Medical Council of New Zealand. You can check your eligibility by visiting the Council's website at www.mcnz.org.nz
How to apply
If you meet the above criteria, then please click the 'apply now' button below.
You will need to submit:
- electronic copies of your CV and covering letter
- contact details for three referees.
For Advanced Training Registrar positions please outline in your cover letter your specific interests and training needs so we can accommodate this in the day to day roster.
For further information, email RMOrecruitment@cdhb.health.nz
Apply for Obstetrics and Gynaecology Registrar
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly