Otolaryngology and Head and Neck Staff Specialist x 2
Full or Part time
Royal Darwin Hospital is seeking to employ 2 Staff Specialists in Otolaryngology and Head and Neck Surgery. To commence 1st August 2019. The FTE allocation is 1.8, this would suit applicants seeking either full or part time employment.
The Royal Darwin Hospital is the major teaching hospital in the NT and receives referrals from the entire Northern Territory as well as North Western Australia. A catchment population of over 250,000. Flinders University has a 4 year post graduate medical school based in the NT.
The ENT department has 4 FTE. Ideally divided amongst for specialists, with a 1 in 4 Rota. The full breadth of ENT conditions are provisioned and treated for at RDH; Head and neck oncology, all aspects of Rhinology to a well-established Cochlear implant program. Sub Specialty interests in Head and Neck oncology or Otology are desirable. The Unit also has a Fellow, 1 Accredited Training registrar and 1 service registrar, 1 RMO and 3 specialist Nurse Practitioners in ENT.
- Fellowship of the Royal Australasian College of Surgeons or equivalent if an International Medical Graduate (IMG). For those that do not have FRACS, then a successful assessment by the college will be required.
- Certificate of completion of higher surgical training in ENT if an IMG from their home country.
- Training, experience and expertise in providing specialist ENT services. A demonstrated special interest in head and neck oncology would be desirable in one of the appointments.
- A period of higher surgical training (Fellowship) in Australia is desirable from IMG applicants.
- Demonstrated interpersonal, oral and written communication skills at all levels, to interact positively in a cross-cultural work environment, as a team member.
- An interest in and a commitment to improving Indigenous health.
- Evidence of commitment to; continuing education, teaching, research and quality assurance activities.
Salary and Allowances are in line with the current NTPS Medical Officers Agreement - https://ocpe.nt.gov.au/__data/assets/pdf_file/0006/246948/Medical-Officers-NTPS-2014-2017-EA.pdf Level will be dependent upon the experience of the successful applicant.
For these details as well as a job description, please contact the Divisional Support Coordinator on email by clicking the apply button.
The application process will remain open until suitable candidates have been identified.
Apply for Otolaryngology and Head and Neck Staff Specialist x 2
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly