Oncology and Haematology Junior Doctor x3
Fixed term contract 1 year, with view to extend
Full time 40 hours per week, Monday – Friday, day shifts only.
Location: HCA at University College Hospital. London NW1 2BU
HCA UK at University College Hospital is a dedicated private facility offering expert care for patients with cancer and blood disorders. Our team of experienced doctors and nurses are highly trained offering the highest quality of personalised care, at all stages of treatment. We are continually investing in our facilities, offering the latest treatments and technology, including our advanced radiotherapy, JACIE-accredited bone marrow transplant and CAR T-Cell services.
We are also proud of our "Outstanding" CQC rating, indicating the level of employees we have in our teams dedicated to HCA values. Committed to delivering outstanding care and performing their roles to the best of their abilities, supported by our visible and valuable hands on management teams.
Skills and Experience:
- Primary Medical Degree, Full registration the GMC
- 1 year Oncology and/or Haematology experience
- Exceptional customer service skills
- Outstanding Team Player
Employed by HCA Healthcare UK, leading private patient hospital group. You will be a Senior SHO doctor working in our multidisciplinary team of leading consultants and clinical nurse specialists to treat, guide and support our patients from diagnostic tests, through to treatment and follow up care.
- Work in close liaison with the nursing team and multi-disciplinary team to ensure a high standard of patient care is delivered.
- Participation in the primary medical care of patients admitted to ward, undertake certain medical procedures
- Provide medical cover, on instructions given by the consultants regarding patient management.
- Undertake daily walk rounds
- Update all patient records
- Complete drug charts and liaise with the nurse in charge regarding any potential problems
- Clerk admissions, liaising with the supervising or admitting consultant
- Take part in ward audits, education, training and research to continuous improve and strive for excellence, for staff and patients.
- To consent patients for all treatments and procedures.
About HCA Healthcare UK
With a reputation for investing in the very latest technology and treatments, strong links to world-class institutes and universities, HCA Healthcare UK’s prestigious private hospitals are ideal for Doctors looking to further their medical careers.
Putting the health and wellbeing of all patients at the centre of what we do and working closely with doctors is integral to our delivery of excellent patient care across all our hospital facilities. Our exceptional facilities, the expertise of our renowned consultants and our patient-first philosophy all make HCA UK the perfect place to enhance careers for Junior Doctors
Our attractive rewards packages includes; 5 days study leave, private medical healthcare insurance for you and your family, contributory pension, onsite revalidation officer, guaranteed annual salary review. Should you wish to conduct study further, our in house learning academy can help you with your CPD and specialist interests. Funded PhD’s, MD and MScs are available.
Whether you choose to take a gap year from your training, take up one of our sponsored Fellowships or need variable shifts to combine your research projects with clinical practice, or looking for long term career progression, HCA UK can cater for all your needs and interests by offering full time, part time, bank or annualised hours contracts with continuous CPD and mentorship.
We can also support with relocation packages and Tier 2 Certificates of Sponsorship for international applicants.
To apply, please click the apply button.