Oncology and Haematology Junior Doctor x3
Fixed term contract 1 year, with view to extend
Full time, Rotas provided on average 8 weeks in advance to plan work-life balance
Shifts are 12 hours, a range of shifts across both weekday and weekends determined by rota. Admin/study time will be paid on top on this clinical commitment.
Location: The Christie Clinic, Manchester, M20 4BX
At The Christie Private Care we are dedicated to providing expert cancer care. We work with the region’s leading cancer specialists, providing the latest treatment options and access to new and emerging therapies.
We are fully committed to ensuring we can offer patients the latest treatment options, and our leading oncology consultants and cancer sub-specialists are often at the forefront of these medical advances.
Our junior doctors are trained and supported to the highest of standards and are fully valued as members of the multi-disciplinary team.
Skills and Experience:
- Primary Medical Degree,
- Full registration with the UK GMC, Completion of FY1/FY2 training
- Acute Medicine experience essential, Oncology or Haematology experience desirable
- Good working knowledge of IT and computer databases
- Exceptional customer service skills
- Outstanding Team Player
Employed by HCA Healthcare UK, leading private patient hospital group, this role will work onsite in a team of RMO's, as an Senior SHO doctor you will be working in acute inpatient oncology ward looking after patients undergoing surgery, chemotherapy and immunotherapy to fully assist the consultants and specialist nursing staff.
- Work in close liaison with the nursing team and multi-disciplinary team to ensure a high standard of patient care is delivered.
- Participation in the primary medical care of patients admitted to ward, undertake certain medical procedures
- Provide medical cover, on instructions given by the consultants regarding patient management.
- Undertake daily walk rounds
- Update all patient records
- Complete drug charts and liaise with the nurse in charge regarding any potential problems
- Clerking of admissions and liaising with the supervising or admitting consultant
- Take part in ward audits, education, training and research to continuous improve and strive for excellence, for staff and patients.
- To attend to patients attending the chemotherapy day unit, radiotherapy department, and private outpatient clinics as requested.
- To consent patients following explanation of procedures such as, cytotoxic chemotherapy administration, radionuclide therapy as required.
About HCA Healthcare UK
With a reputation for investing in the very latest technology and treatments, strong links to world-class institutes and universities, HCA Healthcare UK’s prestigious private hospitals rated good and outstanding by the CQC, are ideal for Doctors looking to further their medical careers.
Putting the health and wellbeing of all patients at the centre of what we do and working closely with doctors is integral to our delivery of excellent patient care across all our hospital facilities. Our exceptional facilities, the expertise of our renowned consultants and our patient-first philosophy all make HCA UK the perfect place to enhance careers for Junior Doctors
Our attractive rewards packages includes; 5 days study leave, private medical healthcare insurance for you and your family, contributory pension, onsite revalidation officer, guaranteed annual salary review. Should you wish to conduct study further, our in house learning academy can help you with your CPD and specialist interests. Funded PhD’s, MD and MScs are available.
Whether you choose to take a gap year from your training, take up one of our sponsored Fellowships or need variable shifts to combine your research projects with clinical practice, or looking for long term career progression, HCA UK can cater for all your needs and interests by offering full time, part time, bank or annualised hours contracts with continuous CPD and mentorship.
We can also support with relocation packages and Tier 2 Certificates of Sponsorship for international applicants.
To apply, please click the apply button.