Medical/Surgical Junior Doctor (RMO Generalist) x3
Fixed term contract 1 year, with view to extend
Start date: August 2019
Full time, Rotas provided on average 8 weeks in advance to plan work-life balance
Shifts are 12 hours, a range of shifts across both weekday and weekends determined by rota. Admin/study time will be paid on top on this clinical commitment.
Location: The Lister Hospital, Chelsea, London, SW1W 8RH
The Lister Hospital and its outpatient facilities, located in the heart of Chelsea, have consistently provided high-quality care to our patients for more than 30 years.
Rated ‘Outstanding’ by the CQC we offer services and treatments in our highly-specialised gastroenterology, cardiology and orthopaedic units, many of which are recognised as centres of excellence. In addition to our 24/7 rapid referral service for GPs, our walk-in Urgent Care Centre offers swift diagnosis and instant access to our world-class medical teams and facilities.
Skills and Experience:
- Primary Medical Degree,
- Full registration with the UK GMC, Completion of FY1/FY2 training
- 2 year experience in Acute Medicine experience essential, surgical patient management experience desirable
- Good working knowledge of IT and computer databases
- Exceptional customer service skills
- Outstanding Team Player
Employed by HCA Healthcare UK, leading private patient hospital group, this role will work onsite as the resident doctor covering General Surgical wards, Day Case surgery unit and Medical wards and will cover a range of complex case patients within a team of specialist nurses and consultants.
- Work in close liaison with the nursing team and multi-disciplinary team to ensure a high
- You will fully assist the consultants and specialist nursing staff to ensure a high standard of patient care is delivered, to ensure that any changes to the medical management plan for a patient, as agreed with their named consultant, are communicated immediately to the nurse in charge and relevant members of the multidisciplinary team.
- Supporting new admissions to the unit as soon as is reasonably possible, Clerking patients, completing new drug charts and informing the named consultant of the patient’s arrival.
- Accompany consultants on ward rounds of their patients, at their request.
- Performing routine basic clinical skills for inpatients as required, i.e. venepuncture, drawing blood cultures, peripheral IV cannulation, arterial and venous blood gas sampling, tube insertions and urethral catheter insertion, and support nursing staff undergoing training to develop and perform these clinical skills independently.
- Initiate life-saving procedures as and when called for and be conversant in ALS skills, conversant with all aspects of resuscitations, intubations and defibrillation as appropriate.
- You will have the opportunity to take part in audits, education of the MDT, education and training to continuous improve and strive for excellence, for staff and patients
About HCA Healthcare UK
With a reputation for investing in the very latest technology and treatments, strong links to world-class institutes and universities, HCA Healthcare UK’s prestigious private hospitals rated good and outstanding by the CQC, are ideal for Doctors looking to further their medical careers.
Putting the health and wellbeing of all patients at the centre of what we do and working closely with doctors is integral to our delivery of excellent patient care across all our hospital facilities. Our exceptional facilities, the expertise of our renowned consultants and our patient-first philosophy all make HCA UK the perfect place to enhance careers for Junior Doctors
Our attractive rewards packages includes; 5 days study leave, private medical healthcare insurance for you and your family, contributory pension, onsite revalidation officer, guaranteed annual salary review. Should you wish to conduct study further, our in house learning academy can help you with your CPD and specialist interests. Funded PhD’s, MD and MScs are available.
Whether you choose to take a gap year from your training, take up one of our sponsored Fellowships or need variable shifts to combine your research projects with clinical practice, or looking for long term career progression, HCA UK can cater for all your needs and interests by offering full time, part time, bank or annualised hours contracts with continuous CPD and mentorship.
We can also support with relocation packages and Tier 2 Certificates of Sponsorship for international applicants.
To apply, please click the apply button.