Oncology and Haematology Junior Doctor x3
Contract can either be permanent or for 1 year fixed term contract to the choice of the applicant.
Full Time is 40 hours per week, range of shifts across both weekdays & weekends determined by rota. Part-time hours are also available, a variety of 12 or 24 hours shifts across weekend days and weekends Rotas provided on average 6 to 8 weeks in advance to plan work life balance.
Start date: August 2019
Location: London Bridge Hospital campus is Private Care at Guy's, London SE1 9RT
Part of the London Bridge Hospital campus, Private Care at Guy's is actively recruiting specialist doctors to be based in our state-of-the-art cancer centre situated on the top four floors of Guy's and St Thomas' NHS Foundation Trust. The centre makes a strong connection between private healthcare and the NHS, and specialties include haemato-oncology, urology, gynaecology, breast surgery and our Head, Neck and Thyroid Centre.
We are looking for outstanding junior doctors to work with renowned consultants in their field, being part of a medical team exposed to advance pioneering treatment, technology and care plans.
Rated 'outstanding' by the CQC, the London Bridge Hospital campus in South East London is part of the award winning HCA Healthcare UK private hospital group.
Skills and Experience:
- Primary Medical Degree, Full registration the GMC
- 1 year Oncology and/or Haematology experience
- Exceptional customer service skills
- Outstanding Team Player
Employed by HCA Healthcare UK, leading private patient hospital group, the role of a Specialist Oncology RMO doctor is to support the Consultants and specialists nurses with private patients in our Oncology Inpatient ward, Oncology Day Case ward and Chemotheraphy bays.
The range of patient cases across the different areas, can vary, making your shift full of variety. You will have the opportunity to work closely with specialist Consultants and Nursing professionals to ensure that patients’ treatment and care needs are met with the very latest technology and care treatment plans, enhancing your medical knowledge.
- This is a very busy unit a vast range of complex case patients, you will fully assist the consultants and specialist nursing staff to ensure a high standard of patient care is delivered.
- The role requires management of Oncology and Haematology patients including those with multi organ failure, requiring cardiopulmonary support including intubation, ventilation and management of arrhythmias.
- This will also include, updating patient records, completing drug charts, clerking admissions, undertaking certain medical procedures as required such as; venepuncture, setting up an intravenous infusion, inserting a urinary catheter, arterial blood sampling, or ECGs
- You will also take part in ward audits, education, training and research to continuous improve and strive for excellence, for staff and patients.
About HCA Healthcare UK
With a reputation for investing in the very latest technology and treatments, strong links to world-class institutes and universities, HCA Healthcare UK’s prestigious private hospitals are ideal for Doctors looking to further their medical careers.
Putting the health and wellbeing of all patients at the centre of what we do and working closely with doctors is integral to our delivery of excellent patient care across all our hospital facilities. Our exceptional facilities, the expertise of our renowned consultants and our patient-first philosophy all make HCA UK the perfect place to enhance careers for Junior Doctors
Our attractive rewards packages includes; 5 days study leave, private medical healthcare insurance for you and your family, contributory pension, onsite revalidation officer, guaranteed annual salary review. Should you wish to conduct study further, our in house learning academy can help you with your CPD and specialist interests. Funded PhD’s, MD and MScs are available.
Whether you choose to take a gap year from your training, take up one of our sponsored Fellowships or need variable shifts to combine your research projects with clinical practice, or looking for long term career progression, HCA UK can cater for all your needs and interests by offering full time, part time, bank or annualised hours contracts with continuous CPD and mentorship.
We can also support with relocation packages and Tier 2 Certificates of Sponsorship for international applicants.
To apply, please click the apply button.