Child & Adolescent Psychiatry job opportunity – Queensland, Australia
This major regional centre is only a 90-minute drive to Brisbane. It is perfect for those who want to live a relaxed Australian lifestyle yet be close to a major metropolitan centre with an international airport. The remuneration is also excellent.
- Lucrative remuneration package up to AU$425,000 plus on-call, depending on experience
- Opportunity for academic position
- Great family lifestyle and amenities yet with close proximity to Brisbane
- Excellent choice of private schools
- Teaching hospital and main referral hospital for the region
The service delivers comprehensive, specialised mental health assessment and treatment services with a focus on recovery in a multidisciplinary model.
A Consultant Child and Adolescent Psychiatrist is now needed join this growing mental health service. It has 4 community CAMHS teams, an 8-bed adolescent Inpatient unit and day program, Therapeutic Services and a mobile youth outreach service.
There are 4 consultants and the community hubs are extremely well staffed with allied health. Registrars support the community teams and inpatient unit.
Key areas of focus in the job include:
- Clinical work in a range of inpatient and community contexts
- Provide a consulting service to colleagues in other specialities
- Take part in clinical governance initiatives – peer review audits, etc.
- Education – teach and mentor students, junior medical staff and all relevant stakeholders
As well as high levels of competency in the above, applicants must:
- Demonstrate a collaborative style of working and ability to thrive in a multidisciplinary care model
- First-class communication skills
If you are not FRANZCP (or close to) you must have completed your specialist training in a comparable country of training. That is, UK, Ireland NZ, UK, Canada or USA and have at least 2.5 years consultant level experience to satisfy RANZCP requirements.
To find out more, or to apply, contact Al Spinner on +44 (0)131 240 5276 or email email@example.com