Innovative Clinical Fellow with Expedition Medicine
We have exciting opportunities for FY3 and ST level doctors to join our Trust working for 9 months in the Emergency Department followed by the opportunity to work as a medic on a Raleigh expedition to locations such as Tanzania, Nepal and Costa Rica.
Raleigh International is a sustainable development charity and are involved in improving health and hygiene in communities as well as empowering a generation of champions of the natural environment. You will have the support of a senior expedition medic on call at all times throughout the expedition.
During your 9 months at Portsmouth Hospitals you will be based in our Emergency Department at Queen Alexandra Hospital and you will be a key to providing high quality care to our patients. You would then undertake work as a Medic with Raleigh International for 3 months. Applications for Raleigh International are a separate process and are subject to approval. You will receive pay for the full 12 months although you will be expected to pay for your flights and any volunteers costs related to the exhibition.
We are looking for:
- Full GMC Registration with a licence to practice
- A Primary medical qualification required by the GMC
- A commitment and drive to provide great patient care
What we can offer you:
- The flexibility and chance to develop your skills in Emergency Medicine whilst experiencing expedition medicine
- Support and Training throughout your programme
- Professional and personal development
To discuss this opportunity further, please contact Lorna Wiggins on 02392 286000 or email@example.com.
Alternatively to apply, please click the apply button.