Consultant Psychiatrists - Adult
Mental Health and Addiction Service
Bay of Plenty District Health Board
1.0 FTE (80 hours per fortnight)
Tauranga is New Zealand’s fastest growing city and as a result it is time for us to grow our team of psychiatrists so we can continue to provide a high level of care.
Tauranga is a vibrant city and the surroundings are spectacular with beautiful beaches and wilderness areas all close by and the Coromandel and Auckland are an easy drive away. There is outstanding access to outdoor recreational opportunities and a wide-range of schooling options, both public and private, an Institute of Technology and a recent addition is a University of Waikato Campus. Lifestyle options are diverse and you can live 20 mins from the hospital on a lifestyle block, in the bush, on an estuary with a boat or kayak in the garden or in the trendy Mt Maunganui.
We can offer:
- A well-established group of peers for you to join.
- General Adult Inpatient and outpatient services, Psychogeriatrics, Consult Liaison, Child and Adolescent, Drug and Alcohol and Maternal Mental Health services.
- We are a teaching hospital with Psychiatric Registrars Training through the Upper Central North Island (UCNI) training scheme and 5th and 6th year medical students through the University of Auckland.
- Opportunities for research and teaching roles through our clinical campus and close links with Auckland University.
- Opportunities for involvement in service development and clinical leadership.
If you like to work in a team that puts the patient at the centre, and is collaborative, creative and collegial, and you have FRANZP or an equivalent qualification, please consider this your next job. The Bay of Plenty District Health Board CARE values of Compassion, All-one-team, Responsive and Excellence should also align with your values.
- Vocationally registered psychiatrist with the Medical Council of NZ, or eligible for this.
- Fellowship with the RANZCP or the equivalent is essential.
If this appeals to you, apply now!
At BOPDHB, our values of Compassion, All-one-team, Responsive and Excellence are at the centre of everything we do. We use values-based recruitment to help us recruit people who share our values, as we know this makes a positive difference to job satisfaction and the experience of our patients and their families/whánau. For more information about our values and working at BOPDHB, please visit our website http://www.bopdhb.govt.nz
All positions at the BOPDHB are subject to safety checks; in addition the candidate may be required to supply evidence of Transmissible Disease Immunity at their own cost.
This is classified as a vulnerable persons’ worker role, therefore subject to safety check requirements
Please click here to view position description or by clicking the apply button.
Applications close 27 May 2019, and must be made online