The Trust is keen to appoint a Specialty Doctor specialising in Adult, Youth (18-25) and Later Life psychiatry, based in our community services in Ipswich.
Our IDT model is made up of community teams for Adult, Youth, Later Life, and Learning Disability along with other specialist services such as Eating Disorder, Early Intervention and Children’s mental health. Our Adult and Youth (18-25) pathways cover the full range of mental health presentations for the population.
We deliver high quality care and involve individuals and their families in everything that we do. There is a multi-disciplinary team made up of full time Consultant Psychiatrists, nurses, social workers, psychologists, assistant practitioners and support workers.
The Trust encourages applications from highly motivated, enthusiastic doctors who would welcome the opportunity to work in a high quality service in a beautiful part of the world. The Trust encourages leadership roles for senior clinicians as part of the core job and in additional roles, where available, in medical education, management, teaching and research. These posts will work under the supervision of the respective team’s Consultant.
It’s an exciting time to join us as Suffolk is undergoing a transformation of its mental health services as part of a multi-agency system wide change along with local partners and stakeholders.
Norfolk and Suffolk NHS Foundation Trust was founded in January 2012, coming together from Norfolk & Waveney Mental Health Trust and Suffolk Mental Health Partnership. Norfolk and Suffolk NHS Foundation Trust provides child and adult mental health services, learning disability, wellbeing and eating disorder services.
Top reasons to work and live in Suffolk:
- We will support the training, study time, and costs for those doctors seeking to achieve RC/AC or CESR status
- The Trust encourages continuing personal development, including S.12 status
- Protected time of 2.5 SPA per week (pro rata)
- Relocation/removal benefit
- There are numerous teaching opportunities available, both at postgraduate and undergraduate level, at the medical school at University of East Anglia.
- There are many areas of outstanding natural beauty, award-winning coastlines and picturesque villages, which add to the charm of the county.
- Quality of living for staff working in Suffolk is high with some of the lowest crime rates in the country, affordable housing and excellent schools.
- Ipswich is the County town, only 1 hour away from London, as well as being situated close to Norwich and Stansted Airport.
The Trust believes in equal opportunities and welcomes applications irrespective of age, disability, ethnic origin, gender, sexuality or religious belief.
*£20,000 recruitment premium available for the right candidate, conditions apply*
For further details / informal visits contact:
Dr Vivien Peeler, Deputy Medical Director on 01473 891810
David Nelson, Clinical Lead, on 01449 745200
Simon Leach, Locality Manager, on 01473 296197
They would be delighted to talk to you and arrange a visit if you would like.
To apply, please click the apply button.