Consultant in Infectious Diseases
Our new Northern Care Alliance NHS Group unites five local hospitals to deliver high quality care across the North East of Greater Manchester.
The Alliance provides the benefits of scale but delivers this locally through multiple hospital sites which make up four new Care Organisations – Bury/Rochdale, North Manchester, Oldham and Salford. Using our mantra of ‘Saving lives, Improving lives, the aim is for our Care Organisations to work closely with the communities they serve to deliver safe, high quality and reliable care, which are trusted, connected and pioneering.
Our Care Organisations are designed to operate within our group arrangement of hospitals, community and healthcare services which bring together over 17,000 staff and the services of The Pennine Acute Hospitals NHS Trust and Salford Royal NHS Foundation Trust. Our size and geographical reach means we are creating an environment each individual will be inspired and empowered by to be the best they can be. This is a really exciting time to join our new team.
The Infectious Diseases Unit (ID) is a busy and dynamic department providing a comprehensive regional service drawing on a large catchment area.
This post will include involvement in both in- and out-patient ID. ID delivers clinics across the Trust and at other sites for patients with HIV, chronic hepatitis, TB and other ID referrals. Around ten percent of acute admissions come from overseas.
Main duties will include:
- HIV, hepatitis and ID outpatient clinics including community/prison clinics with supervision of trainees and specialist nurses
- ID consults within the Northern Care Alliance
- Undergraduate and postgraduate infection teaching
- Participation in multi-disciplinary teams including MDT meetings and ward rounds
- Provision of infection service to Critical Care in conjunction with colleagues
- Provision of OPAT service with other colleagues
Applicants must be on the specialist register with CCT in Infectious Diseases or on the specialist register within 6 months of interview for this post.
Please contact us for an informal chat or to arrange a visit:
- Dr Katherine Ajdukiewicz, Clinical Director Infectious Diseases at NMGH on tel: 0161 918 4544 or
- Dr Vilar, Consultant Infectious Diseases at NMGH on
tel: 0161 720 2734.
Applications can be submitted by visiting www.pat.nhs.uk and clicking
‘working for us’, or through NHS jobs by clicking the apply button.
Closing date: Sunday 12th May 2019.
We are an equal opportunities employer, positive about disabled people and a no smoking organisation.