Consultant ENT Surgeon (Head & Neck / Rhinology) – Whangarei, New Zealand
Fantastic lifestyle opportunity for you and the family.
We are seeking a Consultant ENT Surgeon to be based in Whangarei on a permanent basis, joining a team of 4 other Consultants, two Registrars, and a House Officer.
Whangarei Hospital is the largest hospital in the Northland region, providing secondary care services, supported by three regional hospitals in Kaitaia, Kawakawa and Dargaville.
- Relaxed subtropical lifestyle just 2 hours north of Auckland
- Permanent position commencing 2019
- FRACS preferred, or equivalent specialist qualification
- Rhinology and/or Head & Neck preferred
- Teaching hospital and base hospital for the region
- RACS ORL training centre with strong links to the University of Auckland
- Sailing, world class scuba diving (PADI), paddleboarding, mountain biking, surfing
- Beautiful natural surroundings – white sandy beaches, native forest & Gateway to the Bay of Islands
You will have broad specialist experience in ENT Surgery and ideally will be fellowship trained in Rhinology and/or Head and Neck, with a comprehensive scope of practise to cover most general ENT conditions.
In addition, you will have a sound understanding of contemporary models of care; proven leadership skills and experience working in a multidisciplinary team environment; an interest in medical education and teaching, including providing supervision and education to medical students, registrars and other clinical staff; and of course, a commitment in contributing to ongoing quality improvement programmes.
What’s on offer?
- Total package approx NZ$180,000 - $300,000 pa, depending on level of experience
- Includes base salary range NZ$161,304 - $240,000 pa, depending on level of experience
- Continuing Medical Education allowance & CME leave
- Relocation assistance
Whangarei has easy access transport links to Auckland, New Zealand’s largest city, which is only a two-hour drive away. There is also a busy domestic airport, with numerous daily flights to Auckland (35 minutes) that connect to Auckland International Airport.
Requirement for this role
Ideally, you will hold FRACS and full Vocational registration with the Medical Council of New Zealand (MCNZ).
Alternatively, if not NZ trained or based, you will hold equivalent specialist qualifications from either the UK (via CCT), Ireland (via CCT), Australia, Canada or USA that will enable Provisional Vocational (long term) registration or Locum Tenens (short term up to 12 months) registration as an ENT Surgeon. These are the specialist pathways for medical registration in NZ for Otolaryngologists and we can assist with medical registration and work visa applications if you are successfully appointed.
To find out more, or to apply, contact Caroline O' Hagan on +64 (0)225 214 705 or email email@example.com