Southern Health NHS Foundation Trust is a clinically led organisation and driven by patient centred care. We employ around 6,000 people and provide specialist mental health services, learning disability services, and community health care services.
Covering most of Hampshire, with a population of 1.3 million people registered with the six local Clinical Commissioning Groups (CCGs), we are responsive to local needs and working closely with Adult Services and the CCGs to develop locally based services. The Trust also delivers Specialist Services to a population of 5 million.
We have a positive working relationship with the University of Southampton, Faculty of Medicine and an active programme of Research and Development.
Transformational change and visionary people, are needed in order for us to achieve our goals: far greater inclusion of patients and carers in the delivery of services; closer integration of our mental and physical health services with primary, acute and social care, and much more involvement of clinical staff in the leadership and design of improved services.
We are committed to the development of your career and believe that by supporting, developing and nurturing our staff we will deliver outstanding patient care.
Benefits of living in Hampshire
• Beautiful countryside for walks, horse riding and many other outside pursuits
• Amazing beaches with some of the best sailing in the UK, including Cowes Week
• Places of interest including Winchester Cathedral, the New Forest, South Downs and Portsmouth historic dockyard
• Excellent rail and air links
• Leading schools and colleges
Why work with us?
• Up to £8,000 relocation allowance
• Centre of excellence within Wessex research network
• Centre for Professional Development in Mental Health, a diverse programme of high quality multi-professional courses, involving the participation of national and international experts
• ‘New Consultants’ Development Programme’ - this programme encompasses aspects of clinical leadership
In addition to the Consultant payscale these posts will attract a 10% responsibility allowance.