Lead Genomic Medicine Liaison for Cancer Programme (Secondment)
We are looking for someone part time (4 days a week) to provide clinical support to the NHS Genomic Medicine Service (NHS GMS) and internal teams in Genomics England for the successful delivery of the cancer programme.
- To provide expert advice into development and implementation of the cancer programme, sample handling strategy and the cancer data model.
- To provide clinical and pathology input at internal and external meetings.
- To support with queries from the NHS GMCs (Genomic Medicine Centres) & GLHs (Genomic Lab Hubs) on the clinical and pathology aspects of the cancer programme
- To provide assistance to the NHS GMCs &GLHs to resolve issues on patient recruitment and sample collection.
- To lead on molecular pathology related transition work that Genomics England is undertaking to support NHS England in the move from 100,000 Genome Project to the new National Genomic Medicine Service.
- Must be GMC registered (Histopathology or a related speciality) or within 6 months of CCT at the time of interview
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills and ability to build strong working relationships across multidisciplinary teams
- Evidence of evaluation and decision making related to clinical and pathology issues
- Commitment to delivery and highly organised.
- Able to commit to and meet demanding deadlines.
- Ability to work flexibly in fast moving environment.
- Keen for new experience, responsibility and accountability
- Research experience desirable but not essential
- Exposure to molecular pathology desirable but not essential.
For all enquires please email: firstname.lastname@example.org
To apply, please click the apply button.
Closing date to apply is the 30th April 2019.