Medical Director - Psychiatry
Malsis Hall – Keighley, West Riding of Yorkshire BD20
An exciting opportunity awaits
We are seeking an experienced, motivated and committed individual to join our team who are passionate about the delivery of high-quality care and support to those who use our service. You will be an important member of the MDT which includes Psychology, Occupational Therapy, Registered Nurses, Support Workers and Therapy Assistants .
People you will care for
The service will support adults with complex mental health needs aged 18 -65 who may be detained under the Mental Health Act .
The Service itself
Built in 1866 Malsis Hall is a listed building that has been extensively renovated & extended whilst reflecting the history of this picturesque site. The service has been developed to provide luxurious and industry leading accommodation for the people whom will live and work there and the site provides several living opportunities for a person to have a clear pathway back into the community. Following assessment, a person may stay in our hospital settings (for those whom require a high level of support) or our Cottages or Studio Apartments which enable a person to live as independently and safely as they are able too with the appropriate care and support.
- Take overall responsibility and charge of the medical care of all the patients in the Service
- Holding and chairing monthly patient review meetings
- Reviewing each of their inpatients ensuring that these assessments are documented
- Attending daily morning meetings to address all incidents, care needs and ensure communication with all the team
- Attending Clinical Governance, Health and Safety and referrals meetings
- Hold current full GMC registration with license to practice and with no restrictions on practice and be on the specialist register
- Have current approved clinical status
- Be approved under section 12 (2) of the Mental Health Act 1983 (amended 2007)
- Maintain CPD and re-validation requirements as determined by the Royal College of Psychiatrists or other relevant statutory bodies
- Be a good team player and keen to participate in a multidisciplinary approach to assessment, formulation and management plans
- You will have the responsibility of supervising reports for Mental Health Act Tribunals and be in attendance
The successful candidate will live within a 1 hour commute of the service and participate in an on-call system.
The successful candidate will be part of a multi-professional team consisting of; Registered Manager, Unit Managers, Nurses, Psychologists, OT’s, Support Workers, Therapists, Housekeeping, Maintenance and Administration staff , whose role will be to support each individual to recover and enable them to lead a valued and meaningful life promoting their choices, aspirations and independence.
- A competitive salary of circa £150,000
- 30 days annual leave, with an additional birthday annual leave day
- 8 public holidays
- Pension scheme
- Continuing Professional Development
- Plus additional benefits e.g. meals whilst on duty
If you are interested in applying, please do not hesitate to contact Lisa Gardner by clicking the apply button or email email@example.com in the first instance.