GPs or Doctors for Medical Assessments
Our client works closely with the British Army. The Glencorse based Army recruitment Selection site is keen to meet GPs or Doctors from other specialties who are interested in using their training for the medical assessment of potential Army recruits prior to their basic training.
Are you looking for a different use of your skills?
If you are a GP or Doctor in the Midlothian area, particularly if you have an interest in Occupational Health and are keen for a new challenge, then this could be ideal for you. You will be interacting with motivated recruits as well as the team behind the Army recruitment selection process. It is an exciting working environment – you will be challenged!
What is involved?
- Conducting clinical work, including face-to-face medical assessments and paperwork screening and appeals (80% of the time)
- Training, governance and performance of the clinicians (20% of the time)
- Assisting the lead Clinician with the coaching clinical staff to meet the productivity, quality and outcome measures to meet business objectives
- Help to identify resource needs and assist Lead Clinician and DCMO in clinician recruitment
- Assist the Lead Clinician with clinical policies, protocols, and electronic reporting of screening solution
- Assist the Lead Clinician with first level appeal process and manage appeals within the agreed service standards.
- Weekend work required (One Saturday per month)
- Liaising with Military Staff who conduct the non-medical aspects of selection process as to whether candidate is fit to carry out these tests.
- Possibly required to attend team leader meetings on behalf of the Lead Clinician.
- Fully qualified Medical Practitioner with licence to practise
- Leadership, managerial and delegation skills
- Good IT skills and experience with general Microsoft programmes
- Excellent presentational skills
- Excellent organisation skills
- Commercial experience, awareness and innovative thinker
- Being able to work effectively and efficiently to tight deadlines is essential
- Effective communicator both verbally and written
- Negotiation skills
- Trained appraiser
- Occupational Medicine experience or experience of current Army medical screening process is desirable but not essential
The team reflects
- Collaborative Team Working
- Customer Service
- Performance Management
- Results Focused
- Inclusive Leadership
- Innovation, Change & Continuous Improvement
Valued member of the team
This role is working with the British Army via an outsourced partner and will provide a diverse and engaging opportunity. You will be a valued member of the supportive clinical team and will receive appropriate training, a competitive salary / benefits and a positive work-life balance.
If you believe this is the next step in your career
- Click to apply
- Contact Chris
It is the policy of the company that no person acting on our behalf shall discriminate in any situation against another individual or group, directly or indirectly, because of age, disability, gender reassignment, marriage and civil partnership, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion, belief, sex and sexual orientation. Everyone is assessed on merit alone Team 24 - Apply Online is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.