Medical Affairs Manager
Opportunity to join the Inflammation & Immunology team at Pfizer UK as a Medical Affairs Manager
We are looking for someone to provide medical and scientific support to healthcare professionals, facilitating the bridge between Pfizer and the healthcare community. Additionally, someone who can provide specialist advice to internal team members, ensuring the successful implementation of Pfizer’s initiatives and programmes.
A career at Pfizer offers opportunity, ownership and impact.
All over the world, Pfizer colleagues work together to positively impact health for everyone, everywhere. Our colleagues have the opportunity to grow and develop a career that offers both individual and company success; be part of an ownership culture that values diversity and where all colleagues are energized and engaged; and the ability to impact the health and lives of millions of people.
In this role, you will actively build and develop enduring partnerships to facilitate a medical and scientific bridge between Pfizer and the healthcare community. This will include:
- Liaising with healthcare professionals to effectively communicate and manage drug safety issues.
- Understanding customer insights around current standards of care.
- Providing specialist advice to internal teams to support Pfizer initiatives and programmes.
- Working with clinical research colleagues to drive the timely completion of Pfizer-sponsored clinical trials.
Data generation and communication are also important parts of this role; you will be expected to deliver the medical plan in relation to medical projects, investigator-initiated research, trials and studies. Other opportunities will include:
- Delivering other key medical and scientific activities within the medical plan and ensuring timely publication of data.
- Communicating the value of our medicines though high-quality, accurate, balanced and impactful information.
Part of your role will also involve using customer intelligence to generate customer insights, shape future strategy, and leverage business opportunities. This will also involve working with the cross functional team in-country and above-country to develop impactful and compliant materials of value to customers.
EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS
The Medical Affairs Manager role requires a Medical or Pharmacy degree and fluency in Business English.
A PhD is strongly preferred for this role; clinicians without a PhD may be considered if they have a track-record of high quality publications and outputs.
For medical applicants:
- GMC registration with a Licence to Practice is preferred.
- Doctors registered outside the UK may be considered, for example if they have significant pharmaceutical industry experience and/or have worked in the UK National Health Service.
For pharmacy applicants:
- UK registration is preferred.
- Pharmacists registered outside the UK may be considered, for example if they have significant pharmaceutical industry experience and/or have worked in the UK National Health Service.
Whilst not restricted to clinical therapy areas, we would especially welcome applications from those with experience in Rheumatology, Gastroenterology and Dermatology. Roles may be office or home based.
To apply, please click the apply button.