CAMHS Liaison Psychiatrist in Adolescent Psychiatry
2 days left
- Full Time
Liaison Psychiatrist in Child and Adolescent Psychiatry – Somerset
If you looking to join a thriving, innovative Service, which recognises that in order to put young people at the centre of all we do, clinicians also need to feel valued and able to work in a sustainable way, then this may well be the post you are looking for.
- Are you experienced and passionate about mental health services for Children and Adolescents?
- Could you take a prominent role in service development?
- Are you knowledgeable and passionate enough to raise the profile of mental health and parity of esteem for this service?
- Are you looking for a role with wider scope than the normal consultant role?
Then this could be the right role for you.
We are seeking to appoint a new Psychiatrist to provide clinical leadership for the CAMHS Liaison Team based in Somerset. The post covers patients in Musgrove Park and Yeovil District Hospitals, as well as the Taunton and Yeovil communities as well as assisting with psychiatric input to the CAMHS Enhanced Outreach Team based in Bridgwater.
Working as part of a multi-disciplinary team, the psychiatrist will provide psychiatric input for children and young people who present to the acute hospitals and may be experiencing a range of mental health problems. The liaison team provide specialist mental health advice to acute staff, to enable them to deal effectively with a range of mental health problems encountered in their clinical areas. The service focuses on assessment, admission avoidance and discharge planning from A&E and on the facilitation of early but effective discharge from other wards within the acute Trust.
- Accountability for the direct delivery of clinical care, by providing a visible, accessible, authoritative and professional clinical leadership to the CAMHS Liaison Team in Somerset, ensuring high standards of clinical practice.
- Provide specific, professional and expert clinical opinion and advice on a range of problems, including those young people with complex needs.
- To promote effective multi-disciplinary team working.
- To work with colleagues in CAMHS, Education and Children’s Social Care as well as Somerset Drug and Alcohol Service (SDAS), Early Intervention in Psychosis (STEP), Talking Therapies and Adult Mental Health services.
- To be available to patients, families and carers to provide information and support.
- Provide senior clinical leadership to the CAMHS Liaison Team and more widely across the service.
We will be able to offer you the opportunity to develop your clinical and leadership skills in an area of increasing focus and importance. We have a strong emphasis on supporting consultants in developing leadership and management, as well as other areas of interest including research.
Somerset Partnership is a mental health and community trust that is developing close links with the two acute trusts in the county. The county is large and geographically varied providing an opportunity for more rural living while still working in a thriving and exciting NHS Foundation Trust. We have a strong focus on mental health in our service, and are currently collaborating closely with local universities to develop research projects within Somerset and Devon.